Sign in to follow this  
Racheld1

Anyone hunt in Charlie Creek and/or Joshua Creek?

Racheld1

Looking for tips regarding Joshua Creek and Charlie Creek! Both located in SW FL near Arcadia. I've heard good things about both. Just curious about where to park, any success stories, "don't do this," etc. Thanks!!

jcbshark

I've never hunted Charlie myself but have been in Joshua. Most of it's cattle ranch and some is a hunting preserve. I know you can park at the mouth where it empties into the peace and paddle upstream.Good luck:)

Racheld1
2 hours ago, jcbshark said:

I've never hunted Charlie myself but have been in Joshua. Most of it's cattle ranch and some is a hunting preserve. I know you can park at the mouth where it empties into the peace and paddle upstream.Good luck:)

Thank you! I have some kayaks so I just might do that. 

Shellseeker

1st time I went into Joshua was February, 2015.  I have good memories of the trip... You will see this before you reach Rt 17...

RRTrestleJoshua2.jpg.5f11b34f897cba1bc54c3fbafb4d8a1c.jpg

I have been in Charlie Creek, by many entrances... From Gardner boat ramp upstream into the mouth of the creek, from Zolfo downstream (26 miles to Gardner),  From Sweetwater Road south of Rt 17. 

Here is the very 1st (almost complete) Meg I found in Charlie Creek back 10 years ago.  It was laying in the clear shallows by a sand bank. NiceMegCC.JPG.9ff0ee5a1f172c0a7ba4596ded92c3aa.JPG

Racheld1
1 hour ago, Shellseeker said:

1st time I went into Joshua was February, 2015.  I have good memories of the trip... You will see this before you reach Rt 17...

RRTrestleJoshua2.jpg.5f11b34f897cba1bc54c3fbafb4d8a1c.jpg

I have been in Charlie Creek, by many entrances... From Gardner boat ramp upstream into the mouth of the creek, from Zolfo downstream (26 miles to Gardner),  From Sweetwater Road south of Rt 17. 

Here is the very 1st (almost complete) Meg I found in Charlie Creek back 10 years ago.  It was laying in the clear shallows by a sand bank. NiceMegCC.JPG.9ff0ee5a1f172c0a7ba4596ded92c3aa.JPG

That is gorgeous!! Thank you for the information. I am def trying to find my first Meg before rainy season!