Hello All,

I'm new to fossil collecting as well as this forum.

I'm looking to pick up a T Rex tooth and came across the one in the attached images.  I'm just wondering if you could help me verify that it is genuine?  It comes from the Hell Creek formation so I believe it is, I just wanted to be sure.  Also, if anyone has any reputable sources for T Rex teeth, that would be great to know as well (PM). 

Thanks in advance!!

-Derek

1_1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Welcome to the Forum.

Brightened:

1_1.jpg.fca207699d0778582e8e5149fdb9ee89.jpg  2.jpg.23363fa613eaa7a9690abf3a4672a33b.jpg  

4.jpg.fcaa9404681eea226506e595f6e5ae97.jpg  3.jpg.b52cf907affbe08c656a2f4e008c983d.jpg

5.jpg.11d4c39db8c2f4fb43367e000605140e.jpg

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Agreed a very nice Premaxillary tooth of Trex.  On anything you are interested in purchasing regardless of source please have it verified.  Teeth can be very tricky and very few sources are experts.

• I found this Informative 1

Thank you very much for the info and help!  Is there any specific place to have something verified, or should I just continue like I did and request advice from experienced people like yourselves?

I do agree, the tooth is a bit on the expensive side.  It seems that prices are all over the place when it comes to these fossils.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, Derekmorse said:

Thank you very much for the info and help!  Is there any specific place to have something verified, or should I just continue like I did and request advice from experienced people like yourselves?

I do agree, the tooth is a bit on the expensive side.  It seems that prices are all over the place when it comes to these fossils.

Thanks!

Keep posting on  the forum every time an ID is asked for on a very popular subject like T.tex teeth it probably gets read by a lot of members and visitors so the information you receive is also shared. T. Rex are a lot of money aren’t they just. :dinothumb:

Prices for Trex teeth are very arbitary based on what the seller purchased it for and his profit margin.   Size and quality are the biggest factors affecting price with a big premium for higher end items.  Big fat dentary teeth carry the highest premium with Premaxillary one the least.   Keep posting your interest here.

Awesome, thank you all for the responses and information. I’ll keep posting here as I find something I’m interested in purchasing. 

This is all new to me so it’s nice to have found a helpful community like this!

-Derek

It's a real Rex tooth and a pretty nice one!

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!