Small trip, small finds

Deweythekenyan

20190415_161343.thumb.jpg.db28c6de688230fbacc1ec10c3bce7f7.jpg20190415_161834.thumb.jpg.fa797dec253dbb9cbbb3dda7e6dfe5cd.jpgGot some small but very cool looking stuff from my last trip. Small stuff with small finds. I have an idea of some stuff but I'm not 100%. Thoughts? Front/back in photos.

• I found this Informative 1

On the second photo - the second item is a Silurian/Devonian coral, the third item is Chondrichthyan cartilage, and the fourth one is a steinkern of some sort. The rest are concretions.

• I found this Informative 2

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

1 hour ago, The Jersey Devil said:

On the second photo - the second item is a Silurian/Devonian coral, the third item is Chondrichthyan cartilage, and the fourth one is a steinkern of some sort. The rest are concretions.

What type of coral is that second one  in the second photo ?

Since I think the top row is the other side, what are all of them there ?

Beg to differ is what I'm saying I guess. :headscratch:

10 hours ago, Rockwood said:

It is most likely a honeycomb coral.

The top row is the same order, a concretion, the honeycomb coral, Chondrichthyan cartilage, the steinkern, and two concretions.

“You must take your opponent into a deep dark forest where 2+2=5, and the path leading out is only wide enough for one.” ― Mikhail Tal

1 hour ago, The Jersey Devil said:

It is most likely a honeycomb coral.

The top row is the same order, a concretion, the honeycomb coral, Chondrichthyan cartilage, the steinkern, and two concretions.

I agree with the three concretions.

I just flat out disagree with the rest.

37 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

I agree with the three concretions.

I just flat out disagree with the rest.

Whats your thoughts....

12 hours ago, Rockwood said:

Yea the first photo is the back side of them, i thought it may be alittle more detailed i guess if i showed the whole thing. 

13 hours ago, The Jersey Devil said:

Thanks for the info. Those last 2 i didnt know what they were. 

44 minutes ago, Deweythekenyan said:

Whats your thoughts....

I still think the second one looks like septa, with necks attaching them to a siphuncle, the transection of which is seen surrounded by a convoluted look typical of ammonites on the other side

I do admit the third one has a good chance of being poorly preserved cartilage. 

The front and back of the fourth one do look like molds, but they don't to add up to a steinkern as I see it now.

56 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

I still think the second one looks like septa, with necks attaching them to a siphuncle, the transection of which is seen surrounded by a convoluted look typical of ammonites on the other side

I do admit the third one has a good chance of being poorly preserved cartilage. 

The front and back of the fourth one do look like molds, but they don't to add up to a steinkern as I see it now.

The fourth one is either way a typical mold/steinkern found here. It might even be a steinkern (on first picture) with some imprints on the other side (second pic).

We need better pics of the second one in order to agree, but if it is an ammonite it would have to be Paleozoic based on preservation. The Paleozoic stuff have been brought down from the north as glacial erratics. I still bet it’s coral.

• I found this Informative 1