fossilsonwheels

I have been working on finding a Dromaeosaur indet tooth from Morocco for a few months. Most of the "raptor" teeth from the Kem Kem beds I have seen labeled as such ended up being more similar to the Abelisaur indet teeth and those I have found were over priced or gone before I could get then. This one is different and appears to fit the general profile of what I am looking for pretty well.  I do not think it is a Carch and it does not look like an Abelisaur either.  At the very minimum, and hopefully @Troodon agrees with me, it seems a good candidate for a multi-variant analysis.

Any thoughts ?

kemkemraptor.thumb.jpg.efefce8ad1281e6b10515fec69139081.jpg   kemkemraptor1.thumb.jpg.d107b6dae7e5144b894d854223b94d76.jpg

Doesn't look like a Carcharodontosaurid or Abelisaurid tooth. Very interesting. Could be from a Dromaeosaurid but would need more information and more Angles of the tooth.

• I found this Informative 1

It could be a " Dromaeosaurid like" tooth from the Kem Kem.  However we have no scientific evidence that this group was present in the Kem Kem only one paper that describes a few teeth as "Dromaeosaurid like"   To confirm this tooth with similar morphology a will just need a serration count 5mm wide at midline and a view of the mesial carina all of which may not be possible since its not in your possession at the moment...:D

• I found this Informative 1

3 hours ago, Troodon said:

It could be a " Dromaeosaurid like" tooth from the Kem Kem.  However we have no scientific evidence that this group was present in the Kem Kem only one paper that describes a few teeth as "Dromaeosaurid like"   To confirm this tooth with similar morphology a will just need a serration count 5mm wide at midline and a view of the mesial carina all of which may not be possible since its not in your possession at the moment...:D

This one is not getting away from me Frank lol It will be in hand in a week and then we can do some investigating to see if it is a "Dromaeosaurid like" tooth :)

6 hours ago, gigantoraptor said:

Doesn't look like a Carcharodontosaurid or Abelisaurid tooth. Very interesting. Could be from a Dromaeosaurid but would need more information and more Angles of the tooth.

I agree. Very interesting tooth. I will post some additional pictures and serration counts when it arrives !!