teeth from the Sahara - Agadez, Niger

Chief1701

Hi, All.

I finally managed to photograph all my teeth with a scale, and am hoping for someone with a lot more knowledge than me (ie: just about anyone on this site!) to tell me what I've got.  I've got them divided into 6 different sets of teeth, and tried to photograph them with a bit of logic (teeth in a row, teeth flipped over to show other side in a row, bottom of teeth displayed one at a time in order, etc.).  I'm trying to learn the difference between types of teeth (crocodile vs. spinosaurus vs. m-something, etc.), so if there are any common clues, I'd really appreciate the guidance.  I was told that the bottom of croc teeth are more perfectly round, while others are more oval in appearance, but that's the limit of my knowledge.  I also don't know the difference between "regular" crocodile fossilized teeth, and those of the "super-croc" that has been discovered in the same region of Niger.  

I've also got two that I can't make heads or tails out of, that I'm hoping for clarity regarding.  I guess I'll start with those....  I'll try and space my submissions out, so as not to take up too much time and space.  As always, thank you so much for your help and guidance!

Rob

@jpc

@Troodon

crv1.JPG

crv2.JPG

crv3.JPG

crv6.JPG

1 hour ago, Chief1701 said:

Okay, I'll post these and pause....  Again, my thanks for all your help in my continuing education!

Rob

@Haravex

@jpc

@Troodon

TG2a.JPG

TG2b.JPG

TG2c.JPG

TG2d.JPG

TG2e.JPG

TG2f.JPG

These ones all look to be crocodile.  Cannot say anything on the others though.  The second appears to have some of the porous structure of bone.

What formation were these found in?  Agadez is a fairly broad area.  Without knowing the formation it can be hard to ID them to a species such as "Sarcosuchus"

I agree that the last three all look crocodilian.  There are many crocs known from that area.  Are you finding these yourself or buying them from the market?  Are you in Agadez?  The first few bones are stumpers.  There is a large coelocanth known from the Illumeden Fm, Mawsonia.  It has a lot of weird bones in its skull that I am quite unfamiliar with.  These could be parts of Mawsonia.