more teeth (#2) from the Sahara - Agadez, Niger

Chief1701

Hi, Folks.

Thank you so much for the feedback on my first posting of teeth!  Apparently there were more than a few crocodiles in the Agadez area of Niger, back when it wasn't desert!  I'll post the next set, and follow that up with a posting of another very large fossil from the same area.  I truly appreciate the education I'm getting on here!

Rob

@Troodon

@LordTrilobite

@jpc

@-Andy-

TG4a.JPG

TG4c.JPG

TG4b.JPG

TG4d.JPG

TG4e.JPG

TG4f.JPG

TG4g.JPG

TG4h.JPG

Not sure about the first one, but the others appear to be Croc teeth. What formation do these come from?

Those are pretty well worn, that'll make any ID more difficult.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

5 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

Not sure about the first one, but the others appear to be Croc teeth. What formation do these come from?

Honestly, I have no idea.  I've gotten all my fossils from the same guy on the street.  He has a friend and a brother-in-law who live in Agadez.  Until recently, they were able to go out into the desert and recover fossils.  Unfortunately, the terrorist situation and military response has put an end to such forays. :(

35 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Very worn probably croc except for the long one on the left in your first photo.

1 hour ago, LordTrilobite said:

Those are pretty well worn, that'll make any ID more difficult.

1 hour ago, gigantoraptor said:

Thank you all so very much!  While I have a few more "sets" of photos, I'll go back and compare them to what I've already posted (all of which seem to be croc teeth!), so I don't trouble you with the same analysis again and again!  I'll look for teeth that are more oval at the base, rather than circular (croc).  Are there any other give-aways that I should look for?  Thank you all for your patience with my ignorance!

Rob

Their preservation is identical to Elrhaz Formation

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

1 hour ago, -Andy- said:

Their preservation is identical to Elrhaz Formation

Thank you for the information!

Rob

8 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Here is some info on Niger dinosaur theropod material that I put together

Outstanding!  Thank you!