Northeast Mississippi Finds - Please help

MaximusTN

These fossils were found recently in NE Mississippi at the WM Browning Cretaceous Fossil Park. Please help to identify. The far left appears to be a mosasaur. The rest are different from other items I have found down there. The far right fossil literally looks like something that has been broken and fused back together. On the two darker,  pointed items, the right is more flat.

Thanks

FF1.jpg

FF2.jpg

FF3.jpg

I'm thinking 1. Mosasaur, 2. phragmacone or fish spine (I can't zoom in close enough to tell), 3. Xiphactinus, not sure about the 4th, and I'll take a shot at the 5th and say possibly a part of a Belemnite? 

i'ds need to see a better close-up, but the white thing on the left kinda looks like a piece of sand dollar (echinoid) to me.

I refuse to give up my childish wonder at the world.

I’d say the last done wasn’t a belemnite as the groove is never that pronounced

Here is a zoomed in pic of the fossils, particularly for the three middle ones. To give some more details, there is a definite indention on the base of the middle, darker tooth. It also is more flat in nature when compared to the darker item just to the left. That one tapers to a fairly defined point and is uniform in shape going to the point. 

Also, any thoughts on the more tan item? It truly appears to be a tooth of some sort, has an indention towards the base end, but the color is just different that your typical shark tooth. 

IMG_3197.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This one may have fallen down the list, so I am hoping to bump it back up to get some additional opinions. Any feedback on the three middle fossils?

13 minutes ago, MaximusTN said:

This one may have fallen down the list, so I am hoping to bump it back up to get some additional opinions. Any feedback on the three middle fossils?

Waste of time. Most of the members who know their stuff work from the bottom of the list towards the top so that if there is some discussion among them they can tell by it getting bumped to the top.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

7 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

Waste of time. Most of the members who know their stuff work from the bottom of the list towards the top so that if there is some discussion among them they can tell by it getting bumped to the top.

It's really not a waste of time, usually.

Some people may not have seen it, originally. 

They may just look at what they have time for that is new, in front of them. 

Bumping is allowed, and useful. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

On 4/24/2019 at 6:23 PM, frankh8147 said:

I'm thinking 1. Mosasaur, 2. phragmacone or fish spine (I can't zoom in close enough to tell), 3. Xiphactinus, not sure about the 4th, and I'll take a shot at the 5th and say possibly a part of a Belemnite? 

I agree with Frank on the first three items. I don't think # 4 & 5 are fossils. 

32 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Some people may not have seen it, originally.

So true! Some zombie threads get resurrected and take off as a bunch of new folks get, and give, new info.
This is why we archive everything; we're not a chatroom!

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!