Point A Dam, Andalusia Alabama

Suzy87s

Hi everyone.  I am new to the forum and so far everyone has been great. I am temporarily stationed in Biloxi MS and wanted to go shark teeth or fossil hunting. From the research I found the closest to be Point A dam in Alabama.  Anyone have any tips? I’ve never really been so not sure what to do or what to take with me. Thanks so much for the help!!

First, welcome to the forum! Point A dam is a neat site. If you search for previous posts regarding point A dam here on the forum, you will find some good information to get you more familiar with the place. As far as what to bring, most of the teeth from Point A are small so I’d at the very least bring a fine mesh strainer or a colander with small holes and a small shovel/scoop. It’s a long walk from the parking area, so large shovels/sifters aren’t fun to carry in and out. Hope this helps!

-Caleb

• I found this Informative 1

• 1 year later...

Suzy87s, that's my home town.  I'm very familiar and know another site I'll tell you about privately.... Please send me a PM.

Hey @kevin95 - it would probably be best if you don't advertise your email address here within the forum in order to avoid spammers.  Perhaps you can remove it, or one of the admin/moderators can?  I'll tag some for you: @JohnJ @Fossildude19 @FossilDAWG @digit @Kane

Also - the person who created this thread has not visited since May 2019 so she may not be around anymore.  However, if you send her a personal message (white envelope at the top of the screen), she should get an email reminder that she received a message here.  And it would be safe to include your email address there in the personal message.

• I found this Informative 3

@Monica

Thanks for the heads up, Monica.

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me