Possible Tyrannosaur foot phalange with some repair

I was originally going to ask about the id of this bone, but i figured it is much more important to ask about any possible restorations done that aren't in the description. This is a 24cm toe phalange from an undescribed Tyrannosaur (from the Ajuga Formation). The seller has stated that the bone was found in many pieces that were put back together (it is slightly compressed) and had some crack fills (and a tiny bit of stain), but nothing else. May i ask for opinions, my main concern is whether it could be a composite but i am mostly unaware of the type of preservation found in this formation. Thanks.

IMG_6342.JPG

IMG_6343.JPG

IMG_6344.JPG

IMG_6347.JPG

IMG_6337.JPG

IMG_6339.JPG

Im not sure what you have here its not a Tyrannosaurid phalanx.  Bone looks like a mess, avoid

• I found this Informative 1

I’ll tell you that I spoke to Pete Larson on this bone several months ago. He also recommended to pass on it. The distal end looks recognizable the other end is a hot mess. He also stated that if it were a Tyrannosaur metatarsal then it should be much longer considering the diameter. I know the seller said it came in fragments and he had to nearly totally rebuild it. So it could be a correct ID and just maybe wasn’t pieced back together perfectly. 

• I found this Informative 2

On 4/26/2019 at 4:05 AM, Pemphix said:

Indeed, imo a very bad prep job, which may cause confusion.

But i am also not convinced for tyranno.

See here for details: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/259437215_Tyrannosauroid_dinosaurs_from_the_Aguja_Formation_Upper_Cretaceous_of_Big_Bend_National_Park_Texas

Does anybody have this article? I’ve been wanting to read it for months now but can’t get access

10 hours ago, Captcrunch227 said:

Does anybody have this article? I’ve been wanting to read it for months now but can’t get access

Afaik researchgate is for free....

9 hours ago, Pemphix said:

Afaik researchgate is for free....

It keeps asking me for an institutional email in order to sign up and get access to it. I don't have one of those so I can't get access to it.

15 hours ago, Captcrunch227 said:

It keeps asking me for an institutional email in order to sign up and get access to it. I don't have one of those so I can't get access to it.

There's the option "Not a researcher". Or use option "Join for free"....(read the Terms before...).

18 hours ago, Captcrunch227 said:

Here you go

lehman2013.pdf

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

2 hours ago, Pemphix said:

There's the option "Not a researcher". Or use option "Join for free"....(read the Terms before...).

It requires me to use a company email, (which I don’t have and it refuses to let me use a personal email) and I’m told this with those options:

You may be eligible for a ResearchGate account if your role or field of work is connected to science, e.g., you're a lab technician, computer scientist, engineer.