Help Identifying Bones From Morocco

MarielleK

Hello. I was wanted help identifying some bones in matrix. The seller claims they are from Morocco, and that they are from mosasaurus or spinosaurus (I am doubtful of this). I was hoping you could share some insight as to what you think they are from? Thank you all! 

IMG_7202.JPG

IMG_7203.JPG

IMG_7204.JPG

IMG_7205.JPG

Don't know what they are, but I can assure you these are not Spinosaurus. All Spinosaurids died at the end of the Cenomanian (about 93,9 mya) due to the Bonarelli event. This anoxic event killed the Spinosaurids, Ichthyosaurids and Pliosaurids. It could be Mosasaur, since the matrix is the same as from the Khouribga phosphate mines.

• I found this Informative 2

They look like bones (maybe relatively recent) that have been ground down and shaped, pieced together from unrelated parts, then smeared with matrix.

• I found this Informative 4

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Yeah this does not look right at all. It's unlikely these bones belong together. Definitely not Spinosaurus, the colour and sediment is all wrong for that. The bones show wear that does not look entirely natural and as JohnJ pointed out as well the matrix looks smeared, which is a clear indication it has been tampered with.

Typical botch job from Morroco.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite