fossilsonwheels

I need a little help on this Kem Kem theropod tooth. It is listed as .8" but I think it is smaller than that based on one of the pictures. It is listed as a Dromaeosaur tooth. It does not look like an Abelisaur tooth but could it be a small Carch tooth ? I do not know so I thought I would put on the forum to get some opinions.

kemkemtooth4.jpg

kemkemtooth6.jpg

kemkemtooth5.jpg

kemkemtooth3.jpg

Possible Carch tooth but I would label it theropod indet.   We have nothing published on these small teeth and the two larger Carch teeth in Richter 2013  paper shows the mesial carina extending to the base unlike the specimen shown.  Might be a Carch positional variant but definitely not Dromaeosaurid like or Abelisaurid. 

• I found this Informative 1

9 hours ago, Captcrunch227 said:

It looks like a small Carch tooth to me buddy

Thank you my friend.

6 hours ago, Pemphix said:

Yes, on the very first view looks like little Carch...

Thank you

3 hours ago, Troodon said:

Possible Carch tooth but I would label it theropod indet.   We have nothing published on these small teeth and the two larger Carch teeth in Richter 2013  paper shows the mesial carina extending to the base unlike the specimen shown.  Might be a Carch positional variant but definitely not Dromaeosaurid like or Abelisaurid. 

I told some of the 4th graders I visited the other day to hurry up, get their degrees in Paleontology, and get to Africa so they can figure these teeth out Frank lol

32 minutes ago, fossilsonwheels said:

I told some of the 4th graders I visited the other day to hurry up, get their degrees in Paleontology, and get to Africa so they can figure these teeth out Frank lol

Ha ha, Boy we certainly need clarification on them and these kids are perfect for that task..

5 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Ha ha, Boy we certainly need clarification on them and these kids are perfect for that task..

I told them to go figure out what all the theropods were eating too since there are not a lot of herbivores found lol