Sign in to follow this  
cngodles

Casselman Formation

cngodles

This boundary shows where you can find Ames Limestone. Before, all I had was a 1980 map. Now I've taken their digital data, converted this formation into KML, and created a custom Google map.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I3uxksnlKUHcGqqAE9fbIUPIkMzWk6cq&usp=sharing

I can do others, but for now, this one was the one I wanted the most.

Mark Kmiecik
3 hours ago, cngodles said:

This boundary shows where you can find Ames Limestone. Before, all I had was a 1980 map. Now I've taken their digital data, converted this formation into KML, and created a custom Google map.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1I3uxksnlKUHcGqqAE9fbIUPIkMzWk6cq&usp=sharing

I can do others, but for now, this one was the one I wanted the most.

Amazing the way it stops right at the Ohio state boundary in a very straight north-south line that lies right on the state line. :default_rofl: It would be nice if you could extend it into Ohio and perhaps add this to the Ohio thread. I realize it's some extra work for you, but it will be very much appreciated by all those who use the info in the future. It will be part of your legacy. Thank you.

cngodles

If I can find the Ohio outlines, I’ll add it for sure. It’s been a bit of work just to find the PA data and export it. Loading the entire data set into Google Earth was making it crash. I found a system that allows you to load the shape files and filter it. :)

cngodles

Best Ohio offers is the shape file for the entire Conemaugh Group. I have a KML file for that, that can be dragged into Google Earth.

Mark Kmiecik

Got my fingers crossed. Good luck.