Shotscot

Headed to HHI today, would love to spend a day shark tooth hunting. I’m willing to drive an hour or so from HH to get to a good spot. Recommendations?

Welcome to TFF, @Shotscot!

I know nothing about your area, but such specific questions of a newbie are seldom answered here on TFF.

You have a better chance of getting some tips, if you have done your "homework". Search the net for fossil sites around you (state, county), and ask specific questions about some sites (access etc.). These questions are usually answered, and, maybe, you may get an extra tip.

We all appreciate your interest in fossils. But I think you can unterstand, that not many people are willing to give their secret spots to a newbie.

And the best of all is: Discovering a site yourself via literature, internet etc. is much more rewarding than going to a site that was gifted to you. 

I may cite this from @Uncle Siphuncle:

"Making a good find at a buddy's site is fun in its own way, but for me, a bit of a hollow victory."

Happy and successful prospecting and hunting!
Franz Bernhard

• I found this Informative 2

You will find next to nothing on HHI these days. Every so often I may stumble across a tooth but it’s not worth the effort IMO to consciously look for them. Your best bet is likely in the Charleston SC area.

• I found this Informative 1