Rowboater

Headed back to the creek; local kids have been busy, a lot of energy into digging, and changing channels in the creek bed.  At one spot I saw something barely protruding above the sand, looked to be a huge mako! BUT, it was just a sliver; i had the tip and probably most of the 2" blade edge (no serrations), and no root. The story of my life!  Looked hard for more, but nothing.  Found three angel shark teeth, one with an unusually big base, a bunch of mostly broken drum teeth.  Found the usual sand tiger sharks, a couple of heavy based tiger shark teeth (rare in the creek), skate teeth pieces and one partial stinger,  two fin Tilly bones, a broken bonito nose, some elongated "teeth" (at least one had enamel on the tip end), two vertebrae and two vert pieces, and assorted gray shark and requiem shark teeth.  Some stuff is small fossil, but no idea what it is. Found one heavy 8" bone, guessing cow. Great to be out, saw birds eggs in a nest, lots of frogs and a few salamanders, crayfish and lots of scuds/freshwater shrimp..   

2019-05-02.thumb.jpg.9cc5241cc0ce571eb3b93b8a2303caa4.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

Good Score! Keep 'em coming!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Good variety of fossils and wildlife! :) 

Thanks for posting. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Nice haul. Thanks for the photo.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

@Darktooth @Fossildude19 @Gizmo @Mark Kmiecik Thanks everyone for stopping by!  Guess we will be seeing more from your more Northern hunts soon?  I have a month before the local kids will be over-running "my" hunting areas, but computer games have knocked the numbers way down.   

Although the beaches are more comfortable to hunt (usually) and less work (screening), there is more variety in the old creek deposits, though mostly small stuff.