I_gotta_rock

Visiting Devils Tower Area

I_gotta_rock

The grown-up family and I are heading out to Rapid City/ Belle Forche for some Hell Creek goodies and making a side trip to Devil's Tower. Going to be free July 7 and 8. Was even meeting if anyone wanted to meet up to hunt in the area or recommends a good spot. Happy to bring some east coast fossils with us.

minnbuckeye

We completed the same trip three years ago. I STRONGLY recommend Devils Tower Lodge, a lovely bed and breakfast. It is the ONLY lodging at the base of Devils Tower and the owner, though unique, is WONDERFUL. I am not a bed and breakfast type of guy, but our stay there could not have been better. As a side note, I did collect some small cephalopods just outside of the park on his land. A site recommended by the owner. He is very knowledgable about the local geology and likes to talk about it. 

Have a wonderful vacation!!!

Mike

Here is a picture from outside our room. Wish I had my polarizing lens with me!

DSC_0109-007.thumb.JPG.dc12ce96d1bba7834b3baf8d57759ea0.JPG

kauai1800

Aloha I gotta rock -

Aw man, I'm going to the exactly right there and looking for people to hunt with - but a couple days earlier. I'm currently planning to be in Greybull on July 4th and 5th. I'll be heading up to Glendive 7/6 - 7/7.

Since that's only a couple days 'off' maybe shoot me a message and we can at least swap info? I'm going to be all throughout E Wyoming late June/early July and would love to meet you or anyone else heading out this way.

henpecked

On the south end of the Black hills located in the town of Hot Springs is a indoor active dig Google "mamoth site" .

Best 10 bucks you'll ever spend.

https://www.mammothsite.org/