Should i get this?

suchomimus20

I am thinking about getting this spinosaurus tooth from this website and i was wondering if it has any restoration or repair or if it is fake. this is the only picture i found on the website.

s70.jpg

Edited by suchomimus20

Please don't identify sellers in any way or post links to commercial websites. 

To answer your question: It's a real Spinosaurid tooth, either Sigilmassasaurus brevicollis or Spinosaurus aegyptiacus.  There is no way to distinguish them between one another. Most accurate ID is Spinosaurid indet.  It's a real tooth.

• I found this Informative 2

24 minutes ago, gigantoraptor said:

Please don't identify sellers in any way or post links to commercial websites. 

To answer your question: It's a real Spinosaurid tooth, either Sigilmassasaurus brevicollis or Spinosaurus aegyptiacus.  There is no way to distinguish them between one another. Most accurate ID is Spinosaurid indet.  It's a real tooth.

Sorry about the link and thanks for helping me 

It's a nice tooth. I like especially the enamel. Best described as Spinosaurid indet.

However I would request better pictures from the bottom / root, it looks like there is still some Matrix attached to it. The right side of the picture looks a bit blurry. Don't know if the picture is just bad or blurry on purpose. 

• I found this Informative 1

Nice tooth. Some damage but no signs of tampering.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Not sure one can completely answer your question without a photo of the other side and root area  The visible crown looks okay with some possible fill to the root.

Do you know the size on this tooth?  Spino teeth are so numerous on the market there are tons to choose from.

If it's not especially huge, I would personally look for one with a complete tip for my collection.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

13 hours ago, caldigger said:

Do you know the size on this tooth?  Spino teeth are so numerous on the market there are tons to choose from.

If it's not especially huge, I would personally look for one with a complete tip for my collection.

it is 61x23mm 

That's quite small as far as spino teeth go. I would wait for a larger and nicer specimen personally.