Jaw and teeth of Enchodus

Hi! I am new to this forum and have been asking some questions the last two days! I found this fossil in sale by a very reputable seller. As it is going to be my first big fossil I would like to know your opinions about it! Is it a good example of this species? I am really new to this hobby so any informations on this would be very appreciated! Thank you all for your time!

66561-38.jpg

Moved to "Is it Real;) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

The picture isn't really detailed enough to say much. The bone looks fine, the teeth look fine. We'd need better pictures to judge whether or not they originally went together.

The photo isn't very good. The flat lighting hides a lot of details.

The bone and matrix looks good. Looks like a real set of jaws. The teeth look fine as well, but since this photo is not adequate and so many fossils from Morocco get faked I would ask for more/better photos. Especially closeups of the teeth.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

2 hours ago, LordTrilobite said:

The photo isn't very good. The flat lighting hides a lot of details.

The bone and matrix looks good. Looks like a real set of jaws. The teeth look fine as well, but since this photo is not adequate and so many fossils from Morocco get faked I would ask for more/better photos. Especially closeups of the teeth.

I agree that better photos are needed to make a decision.

Some details causes doubts if all is original and not glued together - but wait for better photos to show the details...

The entire thing looks fine from what I  have seen it doesn't seem to be repaired in any way. The fossil being sold is from a well known dealer that guarantees 100% authenticity.

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff:

1 hour ago, Mioplosus_Lover24 said:

The fossil being sold is from a well known dealer that guarantees 100% authenticity.

That means almost nothing. Even very reputable dealers can make mistakes. And less than reputable dealers also make similar claims. The fossils can speak for themselves. Bad photos are kind of a red flag, because any repair or compositing can be more easily hidden. It doesn't have to be foul intent, but this single photo is inadequate to properly judge the fossil in my opinion.

• I found this Informative 3

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I was speaking from experience....

"Life is too complex for me to wrap my mind around, that's why I have fossils and not pets!":tff:

1 hour ago, Mioplosus_Lover24 said:

I was speaking from experience....

@Mioplosus_Lover24

Please refrain from commentary about any seller or your posts may be edited or removed.  Thanks for your help.

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ