Raulsaurus

Thank you very much to all.
All my fossils are for my personal collection, I do not trade with them.
If you think that this claw can be important for future research, I can give it up.
I understand that you do not want to disclose certain information until it has been published (I am a doctor) but the information you tell me will only be for me not to spread it.

7 hours ago, hxmendoza said:

Based on my past discussions with Paul Sereno,

You could ask Paul if it is ok with him to "drop a name" on here.

Darwin said: " Man sprang from monkeys."

Will Rogers said: " Some of them didn't spring far enough."

My Fossil collection - My Mineral collection

My favorite thread on TFF.

2 hours ago, ynot said:

You could ask Paul if it is ok with him to "drop a name" on here.

I just sent him an email requesting his permission. Sometimes he responds quickly sometimes not. It all depends on how busy he is. 

Anyway, I will defer to whatever his answer on whether or not to make the info available here. 

That is is the best I can do.

• I found this Informative 1

8 hours ago, hxmendoza said:

I apologize to my fellow members. But after further consideration I have decided not to divulge the info entrusted to me in confidence regarding the dinosaur this morph of claw belongs too. 

I should not have jumped the gun. When I saw the ventral pics I got a little over enthusiastic. 

The monograph will be printed eventually. Until then consider it Theropoda sp. indet.  

It’s a beautiful claw. 

If you have been given info pending publication, then it is ethical to keep that knowledge secret. However, I think it is acceptable to let people know that the info is coming. Statements like "next Monday a new dinosaur will be announced" or " I know what your claw is and the paper will be out soon" are useful and ethical to make imho.

• I found this Informative 1

11 hours ago, Scylla said:

If you have been given info pending publication, then it is ethical to keep that knowledge secret. However, I think it is acceptable to let people know that the info is coming. Statements like "next Monday a new dinosaur will be announced" or " I know what your claw is and the paper will be out soon" are useful and ethical to make imho.

Thanks @Scylla