Found this while out beach walking no idea what it is.

Regtable

Hi new to the forum I found this many years ago walking along a beach not sure what it is or best ways to maybe extract them as there is a few of what you see throughout the rock20190507_220312.thumb.jpg.ea4709bac5446234d56ce9ea4f8c6210.jpg.

That's the only pic I had to hand right now. If I can Il take some more shortly.

Thanks

It looks like there's another two to the left. One was to the right but is gone and on the other side I think there's 2 more hidden in there from the top. It was found near here https://maps.app.goo.gl/K13wRK6FGYGLCgqN7

Sorry for spamming so many pictures but I hope they help. My first thought was some form of tooth or claw but more I think about it it's a strange formation to be a tooth or claw so leaning more towards some form of shell creature colony

I'm totally stumped so I'm just gonna lean back and watch the show. :i_am_so_happy:

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

They look like cone-in-cone structures, geological diagenetic features.

• I found this Informative 4

Just now, Mark Kmiecik said:

I'm totally stumped so I'm just gonna lean back and watch the show. :i_am_so_happy:

Thanks for the honesty. Last thing I want to do is turn up at a museum with stalegmites

2 minutes ago, westcoast said:

You may be right. Just googled it but those are 5mm this is 10cm in size. I'd guess they can be any size though. Thanks. Will still hope for someone to say it's a new species XD

Screenshot_20190508-000822_Samsung Internet.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

I think he's right! Just looked at images of cone-in-cone structures that were close to identical. I learned something new today. Might be fun to challenge the people at your local natural history museum to figure out what they are. Never mind. They'd probably just come here to get the answer.

Mark.

2 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

I think he's right! Just looked at images of cone-in-cone structures that were close to identical. I learned something new today. Might be fun to challenge the people at your local natural history museum to figure out what they are.

That's a good idea see if they get it so quick. Never know could be a gem of a find to the right guy. Had it sat in my fish tank for some while

Just now, Regtable said:

That's a good idea see if they get it so quick. Never know could be a gem of a find to the right guy. Had it sat in my fish tank for some while

If I had found it, it would be in my collection for sure. I've never even seen anything that vaguely resembles it and I'm 68 years old.

Mark.

4 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

If I had found it, it would be in my collection for sure. I've never even seen anything that vaguely resembles it and I'm 68 years old.

Wow. That's quite pleasing to hear. It is still interesting to look at none the less knowing it's a geological anomaly. I shall have to trip back up there see if I can't find any more. 

23 minutes ago, westcoast said:

Thanks for the rapid identification.

1 minute ago, Regtable said:

I shall have to trip back up there see if I can't find any more. 

It's more interesting than Moroccan Mosasaur teeth.

Mark.

Definitely cone-in-cone  structures. 

Neat find.  :)

• I found this Informative 1

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

1 minute ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

It's more interesting than Moroccan Mosasaur teeth.

Haha. Had to Google it. 1st hit job lot 1000 teeth for sale. I guess they are common in parts

3 minutes ago, Regtable said:

Haha. Had to Google it. 1st hit job lot 1000 teeth for sale. I guess they are common in parts

Wait until you've been on this forum for one month. Teeth and claws are really hot stuff for many collectors new to fossils. Jurassic Park leftover, I guess.

Mark.

No doubt! I agree about the cone-in-cone features. :dinothumb:

Nice!

" We are not separate and independent entities, but like links in a chain, and we could not by any means be what we are without those who went before us and showed us the way. "

Thomas Mann

My Library