Dinosaur tooth

maggykuhn3

Hi I have built a case on all the Rocks I have shown and tried to send to you.and I get shut down at every corner.I am looking for the open-minded out-of-the-box thinker these are real fossils I have found and truly believe they are. This is all connected to the stone flaky all the lines run into the hard part of the gray area lines to all different sides of this decaying Rock like tooth

15573335313101772748082.jpg

The human mind can believe anything is true; fossil identification is based on physical evidence.

You will need to point out your evidence with additional photos. 

• I found this Informative 1

The human mind has the ability to believe anything is true.  -  JJ

Please provide clear pictures as well as measurements and location where the object was found.

This piece is lacking features that a (dinosaur) tooth has.

I think it’s of geological nature. Sorry.

Kind regards.

I see no evidence of enamel that would be apparent on a tooth. 

Not a fossil.  :(  Thinking outside of the box should not be confused with scientific evidence. 

We do have open minds, but also knowledge of how things fossilize, and what they should look like.

If you cannot believe the members here, with multiple tens of years of experience, then perhaps we should agree to disagree. 

Please take your items to a local museum or university to be looked at by a professional paleontologist. 

Kind regards, 

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

3 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Please take your items to a local museum or university to be looked at by a professional paleontologist

I don’t think a professional palaeontologist is necessary to be able to ID these pieces

Regards

1 minute ago, DatFossilBoy said:

I don’t think a professional palaeontologist is necessary to be able to ID these pieces

Regards

I understand that.  ;)

But it may be worthwhile for the OP to take them and be shown why they are not fossils. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Some in-focus photos of a few different sides would be nice before we even begin to consider what it may be. A blurry photo of one side is not enough to make an identification.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

1 hour ago, maggykuhn3 said:

I have built a case on all the Rocks I have shown and tried to send to you.and I get shut down at every corner.I am looking for the open-minded out-of-the-box thinker these are real fossils I have found and truly believe they are

The reason you came to the forum is to obtain opinions from EXPERTS, now you have.  So you also need to have an open mind and accept the fact that your view is not on target. 

• I found this Informative 2

4 hours ago, maggykuhn3 said:

I am looking for the open-minded out-of-the-box thinker these are real fossils I have found and truly believe they are.

You have heard the open minded opinions of many folks who have a great deal of experience in fossils. You will not get what you wish for here because your items are not fossils and you cannot convince any of the members here to "believe" what you believe them to be. Since you are not getting the expected confirmation of your beliefs here, please take our advice and have these looked at (in hand) by a local paleontologist at your nearest museum or university if you wish a second opinion.

Nothing more can be learned from this discussion. We wish you well.

Cheers.

-Ken

• I found this Informative 3

• digit locked this topic