Cape Girardeau, Mo fossil locations

Scottnokes2015

Does anyone know, where are there some fossi collecting sites around Cape Girardeau? I live in Perryville and someone on here several months back said that there were some sites around Cape Girardeau, but I've no idea were.

Please can someone help.

Thank you

Shoot a private message to Raistlin. He was from that area, as I recall. 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

On 5/9/2019 at 11:44 AM, Scottnokes2015 said:

Does anyone know, where are there some fossi collecting sites around Cape Girardeau? I live in Perryville and someone on here several months back said that there were some sites around Cape Girardeau, but I've no idea were.

Please can someone help.

Thank you

I strongly recommend looking into the Fern Glen Formation as you are very close by to exposed areas. I am not certain members will give up their specific spots though. I've also heard to check road cuts around your area in Perryville, as you might find nice fossils in your area (though I never had the time to do so). Rivers and creekbeds wouldn't be bad to check, there really are a lot of spots around missouri from my experience. My personal experience and recommendation is to go out in unexplored areas and find your own! Most of my trophies have come from spots only I've hunted.