Dromaeosaurus Tooth?

Omnomosaurus

Hi folks,

I've seen a tooth for sale listed as a Dromaeosaurus Albertensis. I trust the seller's ID, but I'm not 100% confident with dromaeosaurs, so would just like to hear what the forum experts think?

Locality: Judith River Fm. (Havre, Montana)

Size: 2cm

These are the only photos, I'm afraid. There is apparently a twist in the mesial carinae, but it's not super clear.

5cd71e44d4296_dromaeosaurus-albertensis-cretaceous-montana-u.s.a.-3-18250-p.jpg.453835e07c2c0f2ec59ce72cfde812a4.jpg

5cd71e447e812_dromaeosaurus-albertensis-cretaceous-montana-u.s.a.-4-18250-pekm320x184ekm.jpg.9e31efa85e2eed07f62d6cc2cd81aa6e.jpg5cd71e45b6b30_dromaeosaurus-albertensis-cretaceous-montana-u.s.a.-5-18250-pekm320x202ekm.jpg.3a96364449b168242c0496ad19e4f30f.jpg5cd71e45595e1_dromaeosaurus-albertensis-cretaceous-montana-u.s.a.-2-18250-pekm320x324ekm.jpg.49c62d0d412890456da23c95e39d41c0.jpg

Thanks in advance, guys!

Unfortunately like Ive indicated many times one cannot look at just photos of most isolated theropod teeth for a proper identification.  Will need to know the serration density of both carina 5mm wide at midline of the carina.  Also a photo of the base is needed.   The Lingual twist is also present on  Tyrannosaurid teeth from the Judith.   Base looks pretty stout for a Dromaeosaurid would lean at this point to a tyrannosaurid.

• I found this Informative 1

31 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Unfortunately like Ive indicated many times one cannot look at just photos of most isolated theropod teeth for a proper identification.  Will need to know the serration density of both carina 5mm wide at midline of the carina.  Also a photo of the base is needed.   The Lingual twist is also present on  Tyrannosaurid teeth from the Judith.   Base looks pretty stout for a Dromaeosaurid would lean at this point to a tyrannosaurid.

Thanks, Troodon! I know how impossible it can be to ID isolated teeth from photos like this, but thought I'd see what people's first thoughts were.

You do such a fantastic job of identifying teeth, any input is appreciated - it does have a very robust base, now you mention it.

I might take a punt & buy this one just to get a better look!

I lean tyrannosaur. However, Dromaeosaurus teeth are more robust than most other dromaeosaurid teeth, but usually not that robust. 

• I found this Informative 1