Modern Alligator Tooth

earthdog

Today marked the first day of winter/spring hunting season on the Peace River ! Wooo Hooo ! The water levels are pretty good at my spots. I found a few meg pieces, and a ton of tiny teeth. My find of the day was this modern alligator tooth. It stuck out like a sore thumb in my sifter, as the rocks are mainly black at this site, and the tooth was shiny white. I'm happy to now have a modern specimen to accompany my fossilized alligator teeth.

post-1278-12552264966384_thumb.jpg

Guest Smilodon

Today marked the first day of winter/spring hunting season on the Peace River ! Wooo Hooo ! The water levels are pretty good at my spots. I found a few meg pieces, and a ton of tiny teeth. My find of the day was this modern alligator tooth. It stuck out like a sore thumb in my sifter, as the rocks are mainly black at this site, and the tooth was shiny white. I'm happy to now have a modern specimen to accompany my fossilized alligator teeth.

post-1278-12552264966384_thumb.jpg

I hope you looked around when you found it, floating logs and such. :P

tj finds too much alligator stuff for comfort. from alligators longer than is prudent.

nice tooth, though. wouldn't mind finding one like that, but not sifting in their swimming holes.