Takes a bit longer nowadys

RJB

Ive been slowly getting ready for my next fossil hunting trip.   Takes me about 3 weeks to get ready.   Going to meet my texas buddy Kris and his sons and freinds and also my 3 sons and some other buddy's  and dig for fish.    Took me some phone calls but found a quarry that wants all the bottom cap of the 18 inch layer removed but even may have a chance at some 18 inch.  Most folks do not like the bottom cap stuff cause it takes a heck of alot of time for prep, and some serious equipment too,  But the rock is hard and the preservtion of the fish bones can be quite nice to say the least!  I got tired of the split fish stuff many years ago even though some of that can be quite nice.   I wont be doing much digging but I will be the camp cook.  Bringing all the kitchen stuff and all the food for me and 3 sons and one of there buddy's.  I make a mean breakfast too!  It will be a lot of cooking for 5 of us but it will give me something to do.  and of course I will be watching everyone finding lots of fossil fish and when I can and when the time is right I will be causing trouble.   "Get out of my spot, thats my fish".   "Move over, your in my spot".  "Thanks for lifting all that heavy rock, now get out of the way so I can get this fish you just exsposed".  "youve got a nice stack of fish there, im going to take my half now.  Thanks".  "Thanks for saving my spot, now get out, and thanks for revieling a nice fish for me".   These guys are gunna be hatin me by the end of the trip.  Ha!!  :) 

DSCN0007.JPG

• I found this Informative 10

Sounds like a great trip! How many days will you be digging at the quarry?

Yorkshire Coast Fossil Hunter

You guys are gonna have a heck of a trip. Enjoy! 5cd73331062f9_chuckwagon.jpg.a38310981fe38a1edacaaa43389508ce.jpg

Start the day with a smile and get it over with.

Have fun and get some good stuff.:)

Save me some breakfast.

• I found this Informative 1

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

14 minutes ago, LiamL said:

Sounds like a great trip! How many days will you be digging at the quarry?

Hey Liam,  for myself it will be two days driving and 3 days cooking.   Ha!  :)

13 minutes ago, Pagurus said:

You guys are gonna have a heck of a trip. Enjoy!

Thanks man.  Its still about 3 weeks away.

12 minutes ago, Ludwigia said:

Sounds like you guys are in for a bit of fun and I'm sure the grub will be good too. Fish sticks, eh?

With me and sons from the outback of Montana and Kris and his gang from Texas, im purty sure we would  hang anyone who brought fish sticks.   Ha!  :)   But all the fossil fish sticks will be coming home to be prepped.  Im going to start a fish prepping thread this year and work all summer prepping fossil fish

RB

I'll be expecting my usual 10% cut when you're back.  :D  Have fun. 

Stay hydrated:

11d181935a94c1773240d5cc5230a2ce.jpg

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

35 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

I'll be expecting my usual 10% cut when you're back.  :D  Have fun. 

Stay hydrated:

Thanks man.  the green river drink looks good.  and your 10% will be in the mail.  :)

35 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

11d181935a94c1773240d5cc5230a2ce.jpg

Good luck to you guys! :)  :Luck: :d_good_luck::fingerscrossed:

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Sounds like you guys will have a blast. Definitely enjoy yourselves. Hope the fishing is great.

2 hours ago, RJB said:

I wont be doing much digging but I will be the camp cook.  Bringing all the kitchen stuff and all the food for me and 3 sons and one of there buddy's.  

Don't forget the whiskey!  :thumbsu:

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

Don't serve any beans!

https://youtu.be/VPIP9KXdmO0

(Is there any way to embed the video???)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

:popcorn: John

I had a friend once, but the wheels fell off. Sad, very sad. - Nightwing

14 hours ago, caldigger said:

Don't forget the whiskey! 

I dont drink like I used too but the wiskey will not be forgotten.  My eldest boy works for budwieser and will be bringing several cases.  We certainly wont drink all that but he says I can take it home with me.  So looks like fish and beer when I get home.  Ha!  :)

RB