Possible Vertebrae Fossil ID Help

Click Here

Hi folks! A friend recommended I try this place so here goes! This particular fossil was found in a storage locker with other miscellaneous fossils including a mosasaur jaw, closed clams, a few spiral shells... And this thing. No contact with the previous owner so no telling where it was originally found. Measurements are included in the photos. Don't hesitate to ask for anything I can add to/help with. Thank you all in advance!

20190430_092802.jpg

20190430_092720.jpg

20190430_092652.jpg

20190430_092632.jpg

Not a vertebrae. Looks like well cemented sandstone and conglomerate weathered into an interesting form.

• I found this Informative 1

19 minutes ago, fossilus said:

Not a vertebrae. Looks like well cemented sandstone and conglomerate weathered into an interesting form.

Perfect description!  Not fossil. 

You can always post some of the other cool stuff you got in the locker win.

2 hours ago, caldigger said:

Perfect description!  Not fossil. 

You can always post some of the other cool stuff you got in the locker win.

Thanks y'all! Between the two of you, that makes the 3rd independent statement that's made the same analysis. I've had one other suggest perhaps coprolite but I was highly skeptical of that one. I myself made the assumption it was a vertebrae but in my defense, I'm not even in the ranks of amateur yet...lol Thank you all again for your help. I'm new here but I'll post pictures of the other (for certain) fossils I obtained as soon as I get a chance.

12 hours ago, Click Here said:

I'm not even in the ranks of amateur yet...lol 

You and me both. Welcome to TFF!

Each dot is 50,000,000 years:

Hadean............Archean..............................Proterozoic.......................................Phanerozoic...........

Paleo......Meso....Ceno..

Ꞓ.OSD.C.P.Tr.J.K..Pg.NgQ< You are here

Doesn't time just fly by?

1 hour ago, UtahFossilHunter said:

You and me both. Welcome to TFF!

It would take more than a lifetime to come near to knowing answers to everything that is asked in this forum. I'm happy to answer an easy one once in awhile.

• I found this Informative 1

It may be a mushroom rock (pedestal rock) and that's why it's in a collection. The better known ones found in an image search are generally huge (which makes them memorable), but it's likely they come in all sizes including this and even smaller.

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!