Scylla

I know some TFF members will be at Penn Dixie for the "dig with the experts" weekend coming up. I'll be there with my oldest on Saturday and the other two kids will catch up with us on Sunday. Who else will be there?

https://penndixie.org/dig-with-the-experts/

Edited by Scylla
Added url

Viola and I will be there on the Sunday!!!  If she goes to her gymnastics lesson that morning, then we'll be late (we'll arrive around 1pm), but if she doesn't, then we should be there at a more reasonable time...

Looking forward to it!!! :popcorn:

By the way - I'm thinking of making a batch of brownies and bringing some along - hopefully we can meet up in the craziness so I can share them :)

3 minutes ago, Monica said:

Viola and I will be there on the Sunday!!!  If she goes to her gymnastics lesson that morning, then we'll be late (we'll arrive around 1pm), but if she doesn't, then we should be there at a more reasonable time...

Looking forward to it!!! :popcorn:

By the way - I'm thinking of making a batch of brownies and bringing some along - hopefully we can meet up in the craziness so I can share them :)

PM sent! Brownies :default_clap2::drool:.

Kid's activities really have gotten out of control. My wife and daughter can't come up for Saturday because my daughter has a ballet performance Friday night and Saturday afternoon on Long Island. Meanwhile my younger son has a track meet in Schenectady on Saturday. All our weekends are logistical nightmares:blink:

• I found this Informative 1

My husband and I plan on being there in time for the “Fossil Adventures w/PaleoJoe” presentation on Friday evening. (It’s a twelve hour drive for us, so hopefully we will arrive in time.) 

5 minutes ago, BLT said:

My husband and I plan on being there in time for the “Fossil Adventures w/PaleoJoe” presentation on Friday evening. (It’s a twelve hour drive for us, so hopefully we will arrive in time.) 

Great, see you Saturday then. We had planned to be there for that talk on Friday, I took Friday off work initially, but ended up having to change those plans because of last minute schedule changes at work. 

I'll be there Saturday and if the weather cooperates, I'll have my good old FossilForum shirt on.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

1 hour ago, BLT said:

Will you be there on Sunday as well?  If so, I'll have brownies!!! :)

2 minutes ago, Monica said:

Will you be there on Sunday as well?  If so, I'll have brownies!!! :)

Yummy! :thumbsu:

Our original plans were to be there until Tuesday morning. Now it’s looking like my husband may have to be back at work on Monday. :( Our plans are still a bit up in the air regarding which day we will be leaving. If we are still there on Sunday, I will definitely look for you. (And your brownies!) :P

After looking at the rainy forecast for Friday, I’m wondering if muck boots will be necessary for the weekend? Which type of footwear is recommended at Penn Dixie?

2 minutes ago, BLT said:

After looking at the rainy forecast for Friday, I’m wondering if muck boots will be necessary for the weekend? Which type of footwear is recommended at Penn Dixie?

You should be fine with just about any standard footwear, unless you're making benches outside the existing piles. The trilobite layer in that case is situated just below the water line. Otherwise, if you're surface collecting, a basic hiking boot or old sneakers should be ok as the the little hills and piles are stacked above the level ground. There are tiny drainage "creeks" that are easily crossed, and most of the site is relatively flat. You might find the way to the trilobite area a bit spongy if you go off the paved pathway. If you go exploring to the northeast under the small footbridge, there may be a few inches of water, but not much more than that. 

• I found this Informative 3

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

On 5/12/2019 at 6:10 AM, BLT said:

Well, we definitely won’t make it to the presentation tonight. Just now getting ready to hit the road. :wacko: 

Have fun, everybody! :)

Don't forget to find lots of good things and post a kazillion photos. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

If you want to hear funny i told him who you were and he went to the wrong lady in a florecent  pink top and had a conversation with her

• I found this Informative 2

Just now, Malcolmt said:

If you want ti hear funny i told him who you were and he went to the wrong lady in a florecent  pink top and had a cinceration wuth her

:heartylaugh:

Hope someone took pics. I was was so busy cutting bugs and stuff out for other people forgot to take any. Was an awesome day...if you get the chance to come do it...it is a blast. If you do the work you will find complete trilobites. I think BLT found at least 3

It was such a fun day for us! We are already planning on coming back next year. Actually, I think I ended up with at least six or seven complete trilobites. :D

Sorry I missed you, but the lady I did talk to seemed nice. She probably asked her husband "what forum was he talking about?" after I left. Her daughter will be volunteering at PD this summer.

There's no limit to what you can accomplish when you're supposed to be doing something else

9 hours ago, Malcolmt said:

If you want to hear funny i told him who you were and he went to the wrong lady in a florecent  pink top and had a conversation with her

That was funny, as was watching your reactions when you figured out what happened:heartylaugh: I just have to mention @Malcolmt was incredibly helpful yesterday, not just to my family but to many others. Just to illustrate: I had two of the other dig-with-the-experts looking at a fossil trying to figure out what the heck it was and Malcolm is the one they called over to help them figure it out. Took him about a millisecond. Thanks again. 

• I found this Informative 2

9 hours ago, Malcolmt said:

Hope someone took pics. I was was so busy cutting bugs and stuff out for other people forgot to take any. Was an awesome day...if you get the chance to come do it...it is a blast. If you do the work you will find comllete trikobites. I think BLT found at least 3

I took a few pics, but not as many as I should have. I'll resize and post to this thread hopefully some time next week.