My very humble collection

msduncan

I'm just starting off, so this is nothing real impressive, but I would appreciate some help identifying some of this.

Most of it came out of the Cooper river in SC (about 40 feet down at the bottom). The snail shell looking one, and the cluster of tube like structures came from western Alabama.

post-1-1190721952_thumb.jpg

post-1-1190721962_thumb.jpg

post-1-1190721972_thumb.jpg

post-1-1190721982_thumb.jpg

post-1-1190721993_thumb.jpg

post-1-1190722011_thumb.jpg

post-1-1190722020_thumb.jpg

post-1-1190722029_thumb.jpg

Msduncan, I think you tryed to post to many pictures at one time. I have to post all my pictures one at a time for some reason too?

It's my bone!!!

The image host he used for some reason wont let the forum read the image so i downloaded them and uploaded them to the forum.

Nice Megs by the way.

Thanks Anson for the helping hand!

First of all:  are all the teeth megs?  Secondly, what the heck is that top object.  I forgot to mention it came out of the Chipola river in Florida about 10 years ago.    It's smooth all around but shaped like a bone.  The area where it came from is heavy in indian artifacts....

And a note:  the little sand colored shell fossil came from the Cretacious (sp?) period I believe.

No you have a great many different teeth there the megs are just the largest ones, as for the one fossil it looks like it could be whats left of a canine tooth theres no enamel left to prove it its well worn whatever it is,

The third tooth down seems different from the megs.  It's thinner, more pointed, still every large, and the enamel is still shiney and in very good shape.    The fourth one down seems like a meg, but it's very short (not worn, but truely short) so I'm guessing it might be one of the back teeth?

i think the third is a mako not positive the tooth is very dark in the pic the forth is a posterior or rear tooth and yes its still a meg you can tell because of the burl line its very thick and has a distinctive style

I think photo #2 is an inter ear bone and #5 looks like a rib bone. Nice fossils! 8)

It's my bone!!!

is that a cusp on the side of the tooth in pic 3? if so its not mako but something else that i cant remember the name of right now  :P

The last photo looks like fossil sand tiger teeth. :)

The smaller ones in groups came out of western Alabama.    We went with a Palentological club on that hunt, and they said the area was from the Cretacious period and was the western shore of the inland sea.    So shallow water cretacious age sharks.

I don't know if anyone's mentioned it or not, but the tooth in pic 7, very top left looks like a mako, also. If it has no serrations, it's probably gonna be mako... If it has serrations, it's not...... I think that's always true.. Never heard of a serrated mako tooth.. ha