Dino embryo?

I recently found something amazing for sale,it is claimed to be a fossilized dino embryo.  It is said that this is fossillized seed or brain but later identified it as a dino.I found something similar but throw it away because mom said that it was just a stone :(.

IMG_0079-500x375.jpg

dino_embryo.png

I'd say pretty much all "Dinosaur embryos" being sold on the internet are fakes or random rocks. Dinosaur embryos are incredibly rare and only a handful world wide have ever been found.

Brains also don't generally fossilise. The soft parts of an animal are what goes first. It's the hard parts like bones and teeth that remain preserved the longest. Only very, very rare fossils ever have impressions of soft tissue like skin or organs.

This also looks like just a rock.

• I found this Informative 6

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

11 hours ago, SUPER BAT said:

Nah

Why not? It's always fun as youth to imagine big, but I'm darn sure that parents know the best for you. ;)

If you're a fossil nut from Palos Verdes, San Pedro, Redondo Beach, or Torrance, feel free to shoot me a PM!

Mosasaurus_hoffmannii_skull_schematic.png

• 2 months later...

Super Bat.

As you well know, it takes not only a great eye...but also a trained neocortex and some creative 'imagineering' to sometimes reason to a point of conceptual accuracy about what one has discovered in the fossil world. To that end, you seem to have an 'eye' and a knack for synthesizing the materials you have found. Allow me to encourage you to keep on pushing forward with your explorations and even better discoveries will come your way! :D

• I found this Informative 2

Mom/parents are always wrong till you move out and start building a life for yourself.  thats when all the stuff theyve told you over the years starts to make sence.   Good luck.

RB

• I found this Informative 2

On 21/07/2019 at 1:31 PM, RJB said:

Mom/parents are always wrong till you move out and start building a life for yourself.  thats when all the stuff theyve told you over the years starts to make sence.   Good luck.

So true! 

Hope my teenagers realise this one day. 

All those "dino embryos " on that auction site prob give people ideas.........:DOH:

• I found this Informative 1

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160.png MotM August 2023 - Eclectic Collector