edible

Because I am interested in donating one of my "finds", I am looking for someone else who may have information about Pelecyopoda replaced by Turquoise. I probably collected this specimen during one of my explorations in southern Arizona in the 1980s. I have sent a couple of pictures to another member who will display it later this week...at least that's my understanding.

Just a side note, my degrees are from the University of Michigan, B.Sc. Geologist...1985, M.Sc. Invertebrate Micropaleontologist...1986. Only a few things since then.

Don't drop the sample! 

DPS Ammonite
1 hour ago, edible said:

Because I am interested in donating one of my "finds", I am looking for someone else who may have information about Pelecyopoda replaced by Turquoise. I probably collected this specimen during one of my explorations in southern Arizona in the 1980s. I have sent a couple of pictures to another member who will display it later this week...at least that's my understanding.

Just a side note, my degrees are from the University of Michigan, B.Sc. Geologist...1985, M.Sc. Invertebrate Micropaleontologist...1986. Only a few things since then.

Don't drop the sample! 

What formation and location is the fossil from?

While searching for fossil turquoise I came across odontolite which is turquoise blue colored apatite rich fossil bones. 

https://www.mindat.org/min-32412.html

0CB9ABAF-727F-475E-A2F7-97952360DD99.jpeg

Carico Lake Nevada turquoise replaced clams.

http://www.nevadagem.com/pages/mineinfo3.html

6CD19555-7432-4B5C-80C5-A59C5BEA870D.jpeg