Back to childhood

RuMert

1 hour ago, Wrangellian said:

I was curious what the secret message was, so I used Google:

I am from Perm,
We have a lot of minerals, but now I live in the States, here I found belemnites, seashells, fish and so on.
Sometimes you want to come back and in the future I probably will do it anyway.
Welcome to our forum!

That is pretty accurate

• I found this Informative 1

Yeah, Google has come a long way.. at least compared with some of the other automatic translators I have tried.

Thanks again for the comments! Yes, before it was much richer: many good-looking ammonites, calcite and septaria, vertebrae were fairly common: below is my old-times collection of ichthyosaur vertebrae and I remember finding two sets of associate ones in one place, probably from the same animal. But I never found anything skull-related, even teeth shown here every day in insane numbers. As to pyritisation, some minority specimens are affected, IMHO you have to keep them dry, and varnish also helps.

IMG_20190517_132557.jpg

IMG_20190517_132719.jpg

• I found this Informative 5

So you have got an artificial "Jurassic Coast" there!? Good or bad, I don´t know...

Anyway, many thanks for sharing and taking us along, @RuMert!

And for showing us your fantastic fossils, of course :)!

Franz Bernhard

Thanks SO much for a peek at fossils we never get to see! We need a lot more outside of Europe and North America. I would LOVE to hit that beach!

Wow and wow.  Killer finds.  Killer scenery.  You had a great childhood!

Grüße,

Daniel A. Wöhr aus Südtexas

"To the motivated go the spoils."

Quite the collection there! Congratulations and thanks for sharing it. That is quite a site producing so much marine reptile material. The ammonites and gastropod are super also. Wow!

Thanks for the tour.  I had not heard of this place.  An artificial reservoir over 40 km across!! :o  And such amazing fossils! :wub:  Vertebrates (and vertebrae) are fine of course, but I really like the ammonites :wub: and I would absolutely pick up some (or maybe a lot) of the big belemnites.

Don

• I found this Informative 3

Enjoyed seeing another part of the world and its treasures...reminds me of my collecting as a kid as well--great times. Thanks for all the photos!

Regards, Chris 

• I found this Informative 2