Pterosaur

Hey everyone!

I recently found this bone on private property in the Paluxy River near Glen Rose, TX. It has two really large, nearly identical holes on one side and has a strange shape in general. The holes almost make it look like the end of an elephants trunk!

I know you can find some dino stuff in that area, so maybe it’s sauropod? Or could it be a man made tool? Is it even a bone? Really no idea, but there does appear to be considerable evidence that blood vessels ran through it. 

Would appreciate your thoughts!

Thanks,

Lauren

BAE855F9-A029-460E-B9ED-96812F41E20B.jpeg

C66C9D4F-0A63-4CA3-868B-156DDE30F250.jpeg

"I am a part of all that I have met." - Lord Alfred Tennyson

Hi Lauren,

Not sure what the holes are, but i am pretty sure this isn't bone. There would be some recognisable texture to it if it were bone. Maybe someone else can chime in with what the markings are though. That's a fascinating area, i assume you've visited the dinosaur track sites? I'd love to see them!

"In Africa, one can't help becoming caught up in the spine-chilling excitement of the hunt. Perhaps, it has something to do with a memory of a time gone by, when we were the prey, and our nights were filled with darkness..."

-Eternal Enemies: Lions And Hyenas

I agree with my predessor. No bone structure to be seen here. Strange grooves, though, but hard to interpret. Almost looks like a tool has made them.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

Turbidite has a texture like that sometimes. There may have been inclusions of a more soluble rock in it originally.