drbush

Hi friends ,can you help me with this ,I went to Jubaila area, mid.Jurassic , to the north of Riyadh and found this huge fossil it was a surface find and anther one still stuck to the wall  , it is 36 cm wide ,21 cm high and  12 cm thick   .  so what could it be ,

ntloid.jpg

nitlid.jpg

I agree. Very cool. :) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Yup. I'm on the nautilus bandwagon as well. They could get very large in the Jurassic. The one in the wall could be well preserved. Please show us if you dig it out.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

The one in the wall was stuck in a very hard layer my hammer broke and i was afraid to damage the fossil, the one i gut fell down from the same layer by natural causes.

• 3 weeks later...

correction , Jubaila formation is lower Kimmeridgian / upper Jurassic not mid Jurassic as i indicated before .  

On 5/20/2019 at 2:48 AM, Ludwigia said:

Yup. I'm on the nautilus bandwagon as well. They could get very large in the Jurassic. The one in the wall could be well preserved. Please show us if you dig it out.

definitely!

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana