Carch. Or Abelisaur Tooth?

Omnomosaurus

This tooth I found online recently has me a bit stumped.

The seller lists it as belonging to Bahariasaurus, but I can't find even probable images of a tooth from one to compare.

* Forgot to say, it is from the Kem Kem.

The denticles don't look too much like an Abelisaurid, but the side profile of the tooth seems a bit odd for a Carcharodontosaurid.

The mesial carina also appears to only extend roughly 1/2 down the face of the tooth.

Denticle count at midline (from what I can fathom):

5ce2a31aae66a_Screenshot_20190518-1023532.png.c5e2ab10618fdc03028369acded471d0.png

Mesial: 16/5mm

Distal: 11/5mm

This is the only photo, I'm afraid...

Screenshot_20190518-102353.png.f6b5576787bff2b2b73ce911a4402c67.png

I know how difficult it is to identify anything without detailed photos, but does anyone have any rough thoughts as to what this one might belong to?

38 minutes ago, Natalie81 said:

Maybe Deltadromeus could be a candidate ? 

Yeah, Deltadromeus is always possibility. It does appear to be a bit "off" compared to a lot of the teeth that people are labelling as Delta. though.

Here's a (not amazing) tooth I have of the morph type that often gets labelled as Deltadromeus & is almost the same size as the above tooth (45mm):

IMG_20190518_162835126.thumb.jpg.df647fb556dd8e5bdca02b9aafe4a1cf.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

Nice tooth, why sellers identify teeth belonging to species not found in the Kem Kem is beyond me.   I dont believe this is an Abelisaurid based on the two photos but not sure you can describe it to any specific family based on what I'm seeing.  I dont think you can say anything about it being Deltadromeus since nothing has been published but its always a possibility has are other theropods.   Its a "theropod indet" and a good buy since its not your typical tooth. 

• I found this Informative 1

37 minutes ago, Troodon said:

Nice tooth, why sellers identify teeth belonging to species not found in the Kem Kem is beyond me.   I dont believe this is an Abelisaurid based on the two photos but not sure you can describe it to any specific family based on what I'm seeing.  I dont think you can say anything about it being Deltadromeus since nothing has been published but its always a possibility has are other theropods.   Its a "theropod indet" and a good buy since its not your typical tooth. 

Thanks! Totally agree on sellers misidentifying teeth. I don't know why people shy away from selling & buying unidentified specimens; the mystery is part of the charm for me!

I've just bought the tooth, so I should be able to put a full gallery up once it arrives.