Weird Gator or not?

Benraph

Hi Everyone, I'm new here. My name is Michael. It's nice to meet all of you!

I don't have any experience in Geology, But i was at the bottom of Masada in Israel, In a place believed to be the city of Gomorrah, from Sodom and Gomorrah, and i found what i thought was a petrified Boot. And only when i did a little more discovery did i see skeletal bones etc. It is very Heavy, about kg Anyone know what it is?

Bootrocka.jpg

Bootrock B.jpg

Bootrockc.jpg

Bootrockd.jpg

Bootrocke.jpg

Bootrockf.jpg

I don't see any bone or skeletal structure. This is what an alligator head looks like. If you Google alligator skull and crocodile skull, you'll see there's no resemblance.

DSC_2509_master.jpg

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

Ok, Its not a Gator but look at these skull like and neck bones? I have no idea, I just know that here you can see everything in more detail.

bootnewa.jpg

bootnewb.jpg

35 minutes ago, Benraph said:

I just know that here you can see everything in more detail.

I can see how one might think this is the way fossilized bone looks. Bone fossils actually look more like bones though. This is like somewhere between the cancellous bone of the interior and the denser outer layers.

Sorry, but it's just not fossilized bone. 

With the pitted surface I can see it has a vague resemblance to some croc skulls. But as the others have said, this lacks the detail one would expect from real bone. This is of geologic origin. It's not bone.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite