What is it?

Randyw

Hi. I’ve been going through and preparing some old fossils that I’ve had. I got these about 20 years ago at a rock show so sadly I don’t have much info. The seller said they were found near a fish skull I’ve also been working on. When I got them there was just a small patch showing. Any ideas? Thank you in advance. There was also what I believe to be a small amphibian jaw in the matrix also.about 1/2”-1” long that you can’t see in this pictures. But that’s for another post LOL!

059CE06C-3712-4F70-82B0-D3FFCACC1905.jpeg

CD2AB0D7-985A-4AA6-A9E6-1EF7C6501230.jpeg

Here is the skull I’ve been working on that was found near it if that’s any help.

86E39300-7DE3-4726-A0CD-5BFB9EFDD808.jpeg

Yes, the texture on those pieces does not look like plant to me. I can't wait to see the amphibian jaw!

This is the best picture of the jaw I’ve been able to get so far but that’s just a tentative I’d so far. I could very well be wrong. It’s got both peg and curved teeth. The closest thing I’ve come across in my trying to identify it is it looks kinda like a microsaur jaw

9C381AD5-431D-4E42-88EA-CF91ADC5CD26.thumb.jpeg.5964675e487545289eac1eb2fd0bb1b6.jpeg

Edited by Randyw
Added comments

16 minutes ago, Randyw said:

looks kinda like a microsaur jaw

The skull cap still looks fish like to me.

Oh yes. I agree. I not sure the 2 block are connected other then being found in same location. The second block with the eye rings? I’m sure is some species of fish. The first block I’m wondering if it’s a “fossil sump” a calm area where different pieces of different things ended up together. For instance the part of a jaw with no other corisponding parts. I know my spelling sucks! For being 55 you’d think I could spell better! LOL!