Monthly Meetings

cwrixon

Good morning!  I am new to the group.  I am very excited I found ya'll.  I saw an old post that said ya'll have monthly meetings?  Do ya'll still meet monthly?  If so, could you please share the details.  The guy from Black Water Fossils was the speaker for the September meeting that came up on my internet search of your web site.  I was wondering if you ever have repeate guest speakers???   I appreciate you help.  

Are you sure the post was not referring to the meetings of a local rock/fossil club? As a forum with an international membership of about 28,000, I don't think we could feasibly arrange monthly meetings. :D However, some of our members do meet up in the context of organizing trips, contingent on the area and who can make it. 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

On 5/24/2019 at 10:09 AM, cwrixon said:

Good morning!  I am new to the group.  I am very excited I found ya'll.  I saw an old post that said ya'll have monthly meetings?  Do ya'll still meet monthly?  If so, could you please share the details.  The guy from Black Water Fossils was the speaker for the September meeting that came up on my internet search of your web site.  I was wondering if you ever have repeate guest speakers???   I appreciate you help.  

Hi There,

Are you referring to the monthly meetings of The Palmetto Paleontological Society ?  It is a Facbook group that meets once a month in and around Charleston , SC, date and times are posted in the Facebook group.  One of the frequent attendees is our very own Dr. Bobby Boessenecker. He frequents the group as well and helps with ID's .. if you are willing to learn just hang around for awhile. It is quite active.

You can bring your fossils to show them off, get them id'd etc .... the last meeting was focused on digitizing your fossil collection, best practices.

Welcome and good luck,

Brett

The Palmetto Paleontological Society