cwrixon

I am heading out to the Aurora Fossil Festival, but I am actually leaving Charleston on Sunday because my hubby has a catering job Friday night and Saturday night.  I spoke with the one of the original founders of the Fossil Festival yesterday who gave me the ok to take back some 5 gal. buckets with me for my son's class.  Nothing like spreading the excitement of fossil hunting with kids.  I love to pass on the fossil fever.  I used to teach and I always spread the fossil fever to each child I taught.  I also found out that the Aurora Museum does Educational Kits where if a teacher sends a requests, they will send out enough "dirt/spoils" for the whole class.  Pretty amazing.  

Love this place, am in the car heading home as we speak. Already want to go back too haha. 

• 2 weeks later...

I couldn't go until Sunday because of my husband's Catering business, but we did spend 2 nights and 2 days digging.  What an awesome time.  I talked with Wayne Sawyer so I was able to bring back a couple of buckets full of the "fossil dirt" for my son's class and to share with the principal (hoping he would decide to have a Fossil Day at school for everyone) and a couple of other people with kids.