T-Rex tooth?

Hi guys, sorry for posting an ID question here but I don't post very often so not sure where the best place to use on the forum is. 

I am in the process of buying what I 'think' is a tyrannosaurus rex tooth although the seller has told me it might be either a young t-rex or a large nanotyrannus (I know that there is a lot of division in the scientific community as to whether nanotyrannus is even a real species and not just a juvenile t-rex). Please could you take a look at some of the photos and let me know your thoughts?

The tooth was found in Hell Creek and measures 5.2cm (2 1/16 inches). I have heard T-rex teeth typically have no more than 2 serrations per mm also so there is a photo next to a ruler if this will help. 

Thank you guys so much for your help and apologies if this is posted in totally the wrong place. 

dt06-1_4.jpg

dt06-2_4.jpg

dt06-3_4.jpg

dt06-4_4.jpg

DT06-6.jpg

Moved to Fossil ID. ;) 

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

It doesn't seem to have the pinched base. That makes me think this is T. rex rather than Nano.

• I found this Informative 3

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

Its definitely a Tyrannosaurid tooth what is the locality where it was found, State and County. Thanks

Serrations of Nano's and Rex can be similar depending on size of tooth.

Hi Troodon and thanks everyone for your responses. The tooth was collected from private land in the Hell Creek Fm., Powder River Co., Montana. 

Also, just an extra detail if it helps...the crown is 3/4" thick. 

Thanks again guys 

Thats locality confirms its in the HC and I would say it Trex.   This size does not necessarily say its from a Juvie animal it could be a replacement tooth.

• I found this Informative 1

Thanks so much Troodon, what are your thoughts on the base of this tooth and how nano teeth tend to be more pinched at the base?