Old Animal Bone Found in Garden....Pic #1 of #6 post

Nadia

Hi!

I'm 24 hours "new" to the forum and am so excited to part of it.  I'm a full time mommy to two small children and former elementary school teacher.  My family and I live in Chino Hills, Ca (Monterey and Puente Formation).  There are about 65 known prehistoric sites in Chino Hills and some pretty cool fossil discoveries made. So, for fun, the kiddos and I started digging in our backyard.  We also like to hike and explore the hilly State Park in our back yard.  We've found some interesting things, that have left us with many questions.   

The first are 3 different bones we found in our backyard.  I took them to a local Veterinarian to confirm they were in fact animal.  They also confirmed, they were not domestic (meaning dog or cat ie:pet) and are very old. Possibly a Patella and phalanges ( belonging to two different varieties/animals)???   

Also attached are two Bivalves , I found after digging about 1ft down in my backyard (one is possibly Mytilus californianus, unsure of the other).  I live approximately 20 miles inland from the ocean...so this is quite puzzling to me. 

Lastly, at about 800-900 ft elevation in Chino Hills State Park, we came across lots of sandstone shale that was exposed after heavy rains. I think I see a small bug type fossil in one of the rocks I found...not entirely sure though?! Also lots of amber colored sap like substance and polished, shiny marble like material throughout.

Any thoughts or feedback would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance :0)

IMG_6402.JPG