Double Dino Eggs !!!

My wife and I went to our other property to look for some stuff for the church garage sale.  Gots lots of stuff but also ran into this box with my last dino eggs.  I bought these in 1995 or 96?  Been a very long time since ive seen these.  My memory was that these were perfect?  Now I can see that is not so!   These eggs have problems for sure but im purty sure they are real, just a bit fixed up?   Any ideas are appreciated.  thanks

RB

DSCN0026.JPG

DSCN0027.JPG

DSCN0028.JPG

DSCN0029.JPG

DSCN0030.JPG

DSCN0031.JPG

DSCN0032.JPG

Most of it does seem to be real. The one egg does look like it has some sort of "lid" though.

• I found this Informative 2

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I would say Hadrosaur eggs with some doctoring. Anymore, the older the purchase, the more likely they are legitimate 

• I found this Informative 1

Nice pair of hadrosaur eggs!  It looks genuine to me.  I suppose it is from Henan Province of China.  Glad to know that you have acquired real dino eggs :P

I agree they are majority real. Egg on the right has some level of composition though.

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

4 hours ago, -Andy- said:

Egg on the right has some level of composition though.

Andy, can you please point that out more precisely? I can't quite see where you mean.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I think they are referring to the round patch on your 4th picture where the fracture patterns don’t match up. But I’m not sure that’s from a repair...

4 hours ago, Ludwigia said:

Andy, can you please point that out more precisely? I can't quite see where you mean.

4 hours ago, Randyw said:

I think they are referring to the round patch on your 4th picture where the fracture patterns don’t match up. But I’m not sure that’s from a repair...

Yes. There's a round patch you can see from pic 1 and pic 4. The cracks and fractures do not flow there.

• I found this Informative 2

Looking forward to meeting my fellow Singaporean collectors! Do PM me if you are a Singaporean, or an overseas fossil-collector coming here for a holiday!

Thanks everyone.  Im going to do some research....  I did not find them or prep them so they have no meaning for me.  Im going on a fossil hunting trip soon so will wait till thats over. 

RB

Good luck! I kinda looked online for prices just out of curiosity and wow is there a huge range! Wish I could open an old box and find Dino eggs!

@RJB prep one of them as you would a crab and see if you can find baby Hadrosaur bones in there.  :fingerscrossed:

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

38 minutes ago, Fossil-Hound said:

@RJB prep one of them as you would a crab and see if you can find baby Hadrosaur bones in there.  :fingerscrossed:

Just whack it with a hammer and if there's no embryo you can glue it back together. "That's what Brian Boitano would do".

Mark.

Fossil hunting is easy -- they don't run away when you shoot at them!

3 minutes ago, Mark Kmiecik said:

Just whack it with a hammer and if there's no embryo you can glue it back together. "That's what Brian Boitano would do".

LOL no!!! That's the worst thing you can do with a fossilized egg! It would shatter into a billion pieces!

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

On ‎31‎.‎05‎.‎2019 at 3:05 AM, -Andy- said:

I agree they are majority real. Egg on the right has some level of composition though.

I agree to that. Nevertheless nice combo !