Moroccan Vertebra - Perhaps Reptilian?

someonefinally

Hello all!

I was recently given a vertebra, and the only other information I could gather was its Moroccan origin. I'd like to know what species it belongs to, because the only thing I've narrowed it down to is Mesozoic marine reptile because of its shape. I understand this inference is especially vague, and possibly incorrect. 

Attached are some photos, and one measurement I couldn't photograph is its circumference at the smallest point, approximating six centimeters. 

If I could find out the species to a tee or even the family, as well as some pointers on how to safely clean it (appears somewhat fragile), I'd really appreciate the help! I'll help y'all out in whatever way I can, so if I need to take additional photos or something, please don't hesitate in telling me so. 

Thanks!

**Please note there will more pictures commented, as the files are large.**

20190601_125601.jpg

20190601_125616.jpg

Well, I can't send any more pictures but it's 2 centimeters across at the longest and 1.5 centimeters across at the smallest. Also, 2 centimeters tall.

Not reptilian but fish as already said. It's bony-fish as Paleo Noel already said.

Definitely a fish vertebra. They are pretty common in the Moroccan phosphate beds.

Olof Moleman AKA Lord Trilobite

I’d also suspect possible enchodus I’ve got one that looks similar in size and shape that I’ve tentatively labeled that way in my collection. That I found in the matrix under a partial mosasaurus tooth