Gastropudding

Ludwigia

I've mentioned in past threads that I occasionally do some prep work for a British paleontologist who hasn't the time to do the work himself. He always sends along some raw material from mostly southern English sites in exchange for the job. He knows that I like gastropods, so this time he included a nice rock, chock-a-block with various Pyrgotrochus species. Sort of like raisins in cookie dough. I didn't think (as often the case) to make a "before" photo, but I can at least show you the final result, with which I'm very pleased. 7 samples of Pyrgotrochus bessinus and P.macrocephali in a block 17x11x10cm. in size out of the sauzei zone, Early Bajocian from the region around Sherborne, Dorset.

G244h.thumb.jpg.ab9deafba79b2123a6bf49b76b3e2242.jpg

G244i.thumb.jpg.a457ea8f6c47080feda28d55431aecce.jpg

G244j.thumb.jpg.a0cb11f389a69fc924abbc6c50cf220c.jpg

G244a.a.thumb.jpg.d32dbf727fbecdcce2f5a2172c8b99f0.jpg

G244b.a.thumb.jpg.373d05748639fade33c74c5eb940357c.jpg

G244c.b.jpg.20fb19548b652445c48b2e731fe6c9ab.jpg

• I found this Informative 7

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/

I like it, The description is apt. They almost look like they're alive and crawling around on there too, except for the one that's upside-down!

They are reminiscent of those Pennsylvanian snails from Texas (cf. Worthenia, Glabrocingulum)

6 hours ago, Wrangellian said:

I like it, The description is apt. They almost look like they're alive and crawling around on there too, except for the one that's upside-down!

They are reminiscent of those Pennsylvanian snails from Texas (cf. Worthenia, Glabrocingulum)

You're right. Amazing how history always repeats itself isn't it? You'd think they'd have learned better :P

4 hours ago, Tidgy's Dad said:

Very beautiful gastropods. :)

Thanks, Adam.

Greetings from the Lake of Constance. Roger

http://www.steinkern.de/