Deep Spring Road Trilo Prep?

Sjfriend

So, finally on the last leg of my trip and headed home tomorrow. Am thinking ahead about trying to prep my DSR Dipleura. Doubt I could but does anyone think it would it be possible to flip the cephalon to straighten this bug out? There is about 3/8 inch of matrix between at tip of cephalon.

Otherwise the plan is just to re-glue the pygidum break, cleanup the cephalon and enjoy my beginners luck Dipleura  :)

20190430_082119~2.jpg

20190430_082136~2.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

I would not try to do more than glue and uncover as much as you can (safely) of the cephalon.  Trying to separate the cephalon from the thorax is asking for trouble.  

Don

• I found this Informative 2

I would leave it as is, ie:  No flipping of the cephalon.  Wouldn't work. 

The rock is much too fragile. 

• I found this Informative 2

Tim    -  VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM  --- APRIL - 2015  

John Muir ~ ~ ~ ~   ><))))( *>  About Me      

Although it is technically possible to do this, that would likely be the task of a very experienced preparator. But even so, note that the trilobite is already somewhat folding over, and that attempting to attach the cephalon on the same plane would look very unnatural unless you could go back in time and stretch the upper thorax out. :P 

• I found this Informative 1

...How to Philosophize with a Hammer

10 hours ago, Kane said:

Although it is technically possible to do this, that would likely be the task of a very experienced preparator. But even so, note that the trilobite is already somewhat folding over, and that attempting to attach the cephalon on the same plane would look very unnatural unless you could go back in time and stretch the upper thorax out. :P 

If you do go the time travel route, bring me back a live one! That would certainly make for a awesome first trilobite.:P

4 hours ago, Fossilis Willis said:

If you do go the time travel route, bring me back a live one! That would certainly make for a awesome first trilobite.:P

I may be a trilobite guy but if I could do that I'd bring a raptor back! ;)

That might be your final ride in the old hypothetical time machine.:heartylaugh:

On 6/3/2019 at 8:24 PM, Fossilis Willis said:

That might be your final ride in the old hypothetical time machine.:heartylaugh:

Catch'em young and train up, you know, like puppies? ;)