First Florida Creek Meg!

Hi all. Found my first Florida creek meg!! It's broken but holy cow, the feeling of when I saw it in the screen!!! I'll gladly take it. Went on a fossil hunting tour this past weekend on a creek near the Peace River. Found some awesome other stuff as well. Water was so low!!! 

tooth.jpg

me.jpg

finds.jpg

creek.jpg

• I found this Informative 8
13 minutes ago, PODIGGER said:

Congratulations! Looks like you had a great day!

Thank you!! I can't imagine how I would've felt pulling out a whole one but I still think it's an awesome find! :)

Fossildude19

Very cool! 

There are more out there waiting for you! :) 

23 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Very cool! 

There are more out there waiting for you! :) 

Hope so!!!

That’s a large one too, congrats :yay-smiley-1:

17 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Nice looking tooth for sure. Thanks for the pics. Looks like a nice spot to hunt!

Thank you! It was a great spot!

Fossilis Willis

I have never been big on fractions, but I think I'd make an exception in this case.:P It might be 1/2 a meg tooth, but I think the trip was a COMPLETE success. Thanks for sharing.

33 minutes ago, Fossilis Willis said:

I have never been big on fractions, but I think I'd make an exception in this case.:P It might be 1/2 a meg tooth, but I think the trip was a COMPLETE success. Thanks for sharing.

Hahaha thanks, I'd have to agree with you! I'll take a half meg over no meg any day!

Keyspyratt

Awesome find!!  I've been in the river twice and I'm hooked!  Florida has all kinds of treasure, just depends on where you are - CONGRATS on your discovery!

1 hour ago, Keyspyratt said:

Awesome find!!  I've been in the river twice and I'm hooked!  Florida has all kinds of treasure, just depends on where you are - CONGRATS on your discovery!

Thank you!! It’s an addicting hobby 

Congratulations on the first!

Is only a matter of time before the whole one comes Your way!

Congrats on the great find, I am sure that there will be more to follow.

That is a wonderful haul of shark teeth there...congratulations!  And what a gorgeous creek.  I love it when they turn clear like that.  I see a turtle entoplastron bone in there, as well as what looks like a porcupine fish mouth plate, horse teeth fragments, and possibly a giant beaver incisor piece.  

18 hours ago, 5 Humper said:

That is a wonderful haul of shark teeth there...congratulations!  And what a gorgeous creek.  I love it when they turn clear like that.  I see a turtle entoplastron bone in there, as well as what looks like a porcupine fish mouth plate, horse teeth fragments, and possibly a giant beaver incisor piece.  

Thank you!! We found a variety of fossils. You hit the nail on the head! Also found a tapir canine which I am super excited about! :)

Wow!  You can go years looking hard and not find a tapir canine.  Congratulations.  Hope you get back out there soon.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:32 PM, 5 Humper said:

Wow!  You can go years looking hard and not find a tapir canine.  Congratulations.  Hope you get back out there soon.

Thank you!! I feel lucky 

21 hours ago, Ramon said:

Nice tooth!! :) It also has a nice size

20 hours ago, Rowboater said:

Great half a meg, and nice haul of teeth!  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks all! Hope to get back out this weekend.