First Florida Creek Meg!

Racheld1

Hi all. Found my first Florida creek meg!! It's broken but holy cow, the feeling of when I saw it in the screen!!! I'll gladly take it. Went on a fossil hunting tour this past weekend on a creek near the Peace River. Found some awesome other stuff as well. Water was so low!!! 

tooth.jpg

me.jpg

finds.jpg

creek.jpg

• I found this Informative 8

13 minutes ago, PODIGGER said:

Congratulations! Looks like you had a great day!

Thank you!! I can't imagine how I would've felt pulling out a whole one but I still think it's an awesome find! :)

Very cool! 

There are more out there waiting for you! :) 

Tim    VETERAN SHALE SPLITTER

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png      PaleoPartner.png.30c01982e09b0cc0b7d9d6a7a21f56c6.png.a600039856933851eeea617ca3f2d15f.png     Postmaster1.jpg.900efa599049929531fa81981f028e24.jpg    VFOTM.png.f1b09c78bf88298b009b0da14ef44cf0.png  VFOTM APRIL - 2015  

23 minutes ago, Fossildude19 said:

Very cool! 

There are more out there waiting for you! :) 

Hope so!!!

That’s a large one too, congrats :yay-smiley-1:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

17 minutes ago, Andy B said:

Nice looking tooth for sure. Thanks for the pics. Looks like a nice spot to hunt!

Thank you! It was a great spot!

I have never been big on fractions, but I think I'd make an exception in this case.:P It might be 1/2 a meg tooth, but I think the trip was a COMPLETE success. Thanks for sharing.

33 minutes ago, Fossilis Willis said:

I have never been big on fractions, but I think I'd make an exception in this case.:P It might be 1/2 a meg tooth, but I think the trip was a COMPLETE success. Thanks for sharing.

Hahaha thanks, I'd have to agree with you! I'll take a half meg over no meg any day!

Awesome find!!  I've been in the river twice and I'm hooked!  Florida has all kinds of treasure, just depends on where you are - CONGRATS on your discovery!

1 hour ago, Keyspyratt said:

Awesome find!!  I've been in the river twice and I'm hooked!  Florida has all kinds of treasure, just depends on where you are - CONGRATS on your discovery!

Thank you!! It’s an addicting hobby 

That is a wonderful haul of shark teeth there...congratulations!  And what a gorgeous creek.  I love it when they turn clear like that.  I see a turtle entoplastron bone in there, as well as what looks like a porcupine fish mouth plate, horse teeth fragments, and possibly a giant beaver incisor piece.  

18 hours ago, 5 Humper said:

That is a wonderful haul of shark teeth there...congratulations!  And what a gorgeous creek.  I love it when they turn clear like that.  I see a turtle entoplastron bone in there, as well as what looks like a porcupine fish mouth plate, horse teeth fragments, and possibly a giant beaver incisor piece.  

Thank you!! We found a variety of fossils. You hit the nail on the head! Also found a tapir canine which I am super excited about! :)

Wow!  You can go years looking hard and not find a tapir canine.  Congratulations.  Hope you get back out there soon.

On 6/11/2019 at 7:32 PM, 5 Humper said:

Wow!  You can go years looking hard and not find a tapir canine.  Congratulations.  Hope you get back out there soon.

Thank you!! I feel lucky 

Nice tooth!! :) It also has a nice size

"Without fossils, no one would have ever dreamed that there were successive epochs in the formation of the earth" - Georges Cuvier

21 hours ago, Ramon said:

Nice tooth!! :) It also has a nice size

20 hours ago, Rowboater said:

Great half a meg, and nice haul of teeth!  Thanks for sharing!

Thanks all! Hope to get back out this weekend.