Point A dam Fossils

ScienceGuy

Can someone please help identify? I used some keys from the Eocene Era to help. Maybe some correct? Thanks 

96792D13-D2A7-4295-949E-6BEEF636CF36.jpeg

A5D4A568-A79A-4B6E-91A2-6413D512A684.jpeg

8F5CD8DE-70B3-46FB-BEEF-5FEEC4C0D6D9.jpeg

I believe #4 is Barracuda.

Cookie Cutter teeth are real small.

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

1 hour ago, ScienceGuy said:

Can someone please help identify? I used some keys from the Eocene Era to help. Maybe some correct? Thanks 

96792D13-D2A7-4295-949E-6BEEF636CF36.jpeg

I believe you're correct. #3 is an interesting tooth in that it resembles a G. mayumbensis. The narrow width and v-shaped root base...perhaps G. eaglesomi or a G. latidens sympheseal?   Id' like to hear others.

'Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.'

George Santayana

11 hours ago, ScienceGuy said:

A5D4A568-A79A-4B6E-91A2-6413D512A684.jpeg

#7  Is it circular in cross-section and does it posses longitudinal ridges?  I can't tell with the photo. If both yes, it is a Cylindrocanthus bill section. Cylindrocanthus was an early billfish (pls see photo below).

#8 Isurus praecursor. #9 I agree, Anomotodon.  I'm going to pass on #10. There is a still-active thread where these Eocene striated 'sand tiger' teeth are bantered about. There are several species that look very similar. In my collection, I lump them all together as "Striatolamia sp." in quotes.  May those who are more brave than I try to speciate these, LOL 

Cylindracanthus_eocene[1].jpg

George Santayana

8F5CD8DE-70B3-46FB-BEEF-5FEEC4C0D6D9.jpeg

#4 Concur with your second option and Caldigger: fish tooth. In the Mio-Pliocene folks call them "barracuda", but wahoo teeth are similar.  I think "mackerel family" is a good option.

George Santayana

I would call #3 Galeocerdo latidens, it is just a different tooth position than #1. I think #9 and #10 are Striatolamia macrota. Number 8 Macrorhizodus.

Thanks Caldigger

9 hours ago, hemipristis said:

#7  Is it circular in cross-section and does it posses longitudinal ridges?  I can't tell with the photo. If both yes, it is a Cylindrocanthus bill section. Cylindrocanthus was an early billfish (pls see photo below).

#8 Isurus praecursor. #9 I agree, Anomotodon.  I'm going to pass on #10. There is a still-active thread where these Eocene striated 'sand tiger' teeth are bantered about. There are several species that look very similar. In my collection, I lump them all together as "Striatolamia sp." in quotes.  May those who are more brave than I try to speciate these, LOL 

Yes has ridges but less pronounced. Is more flattened than round. Thanks for all the great information!!

Just for a size reference, this

Cookie Cutter shark tooth is in a 1" gem box.

20190604_044726.jpg

Dorensigbadges.JPG       

10 hours ago, caldigger said:

Just for a size reference, this

Cookie Cutter shark tooth is in a 1" gem box.

20190604_044726.jpg

Wow! That is small. Thanks for your help. I’m just getting started with all keying and such. It’s not always clear cut. Rely on the experienced folks like you.

16 hours ago, Al Dente said:

Number 8 Macrorhizodus.

Same thing.

George Santayana

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 7:51 PM, hemipristis said:

Concerning #7: It has the ridges along the wide sides and one of the narrow sides (it is more flat than round). It also is broken in one of its narrow sides exposing a different textured and colored material on the inside.  Rostral Sawfish Tooth? Pristis lathami? See pic:

8FD194F5-534A-4D81-AA53-0AC6A4ECA299.jpeg

Edited by ScienceGuy
added data

1 hour ago, ScienceGuy said:

Concerning #7: It has the ridges along the wide sides and one of the narrow sides (it is more flat than round). It also is broken in one of its narrow sides exposing a different textured and colored material on the inside.  Rostral Sawfish Tooth? Pristis lathami? See pic:

8FD194F5-534A-4D81-AA53-0AC6A4ECA299.jpeg

Im going to stick with my initial recommendation: Cylindrocanthus sp. bill fragment. 

An interesting article on these: https://sdaos.org/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/2001/161-172.pdf

• I found this Informative 1

George Santayana

7 minutes ago, hemipristis said:

Im going to stick with my initial recommendation: Cylindrocanthus sp. bill fragment. 

An interesting article on these: https://sdaos.org/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/2001/161-172.pdf

thanks for the second look. The article is interesting...thanks for that...helps me build my background knowledge. I'm going to stick with your initial recommendation as well.  I submitted another post about an hour ago with a pic and info on another find...I think it is shark coprolite based on the research I've been doing.  I'm curious about what you think.  Take a look if you don't mind.  Thanks again!