Need to find this crab Claw

DLB

I'm looking to find a right side  crab claw for this  crab and its claw is around 2" fi you are able to find one I can trade or buy it. 

20190604_163553.jpg

Ron @RJB  got anything like that laying around on that work bench of yours?

Looks like you've got one just underneath the missing claw....

Is that a second crab in there?  

Yes there is a second crab you can see it when you blow up the picture. And in the other 3

Dustin, that crab doesn't look like the regular Washington nodule crabs we are used to seeing.  Where is it from? 

I would think if someone did happen to have a spare claw laying about ( miracle in itself ), you would be hard pressed to have it match that yellow color of the rest your crab. :look:

22 hours ago, jpc said:

Looks like you've got one just underneath the missing claw....

Is that a second crab in there?  

yep theres a second one under there it's going in my doubles collection.  

13 hours ago, caldigger said:

Dustin, that crab doesn't look like the regular Washington nodule crabs we are used to seeing.  Where is it from? 

I would think if someone did happen to have a spare claw laying about ( miracle in itself ), you would be hard pressed to have it match that yellow color of the rest your crab. :look:

no it's from Italy and it's a Macropipus tuberculatus crab. I believe they all have a yellow color to them. 

22 hours ago, caldigger said:

Ron @RJB  got anything like that laying around on that work bench of yours?

I could only hope so lol he has just about everything on that bench :) he will just have to do some dusting to find it.

19 hours ago, caterpillar said:

Your crabs are Portunus granulatus from Sardinia

Thanks I'm still looking for a claw seems to be a hard thing to find sad day 

Yeah, that crab looks to be from Italy.  Cant those anymore. Ive got one or two of these someplace?  Finding them would be a nightmare.  Just keep looking, you never know what or when one will show up? 

RB

I have no yellow ones like that only a black one from sheppey 

@DLB it looks pretty good where it's at. Nothing in life is really ever perfect. I think this Italian crab looks crab-tacular! :yay-smiley-1:

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

On 6/9/2019 at 4:19 PM, Fossil-Hound said:

@DLB it looks pretty good where it's at. Nothing in life is really ever perfect. I think this Italian crab looks crab-tacular! :yay-smiley-1:

thanks 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DLB said:

Nope... in fact they have not with the same preservation of your, but I will see what I have in drawers, the ones from my town they have the same preservation than the Sardinian ones, let me see.. ;)

• I found this Informative 1

41 minutes ago, MB said:

Nope... in fact they have not with the same preservation of your, but I will see what I have in drawers, the ones from my town they have the same preservation than the Sardinian ones, let me see.. ;)

Thanks for looking. I really hate how this missing claw got lost in the mail still pisses me off.