Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm looking to find a right side  crab claw for this  crab and its claw is around 2" fi you are able to find one I can trade or buy it. 

20190604_163553.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ron @RJB  got anything like that laying around on that work bench of yours?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like you've got one just underneath the missing claw....

Is that a second crab in there?  
 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes there is a second crab you can see it when you blow up the picture. And in the other 3

Link to post
Share on other sites

Dustin, that crab doesn't look like the regular Washington nodule crabs we are used to seeing.  Where is it from? 

I would think if someone did happen to have a spare claw laying about ( miracle in itself ), you would be hard pressed to have it match that yellow color of the rest your crab. :look:

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, jpc said:

Looks like you've got one just underneath the missing claw....

Is that a second crab in there?  
 

yep theres a second one under there it's going in my doubles collection.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, caldigger said:

Dustin, that crab doesn't look like the regular Washington nodule crabs we are used to seeing.  Where is it from? 

I would think if someone did happen to have a spare claw laying about ( miracle in itself ), you would be hard pressed to have it match that yellow color of the rest your crab. :look:

no it's from Italy and it's a Macropipus tuberculatus crab. I believe they all have a yellow color to them. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, caldigger said:

Ron @RJB  got anything like that laying around on that work bench of yours?

I could only hope so lol he has just about everything on that bench :) he will just have to do some dusting to find it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
caterpillar

Your crabs are Portunus granulatus from Sardinia

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, caterpillar said:

Your crabs are Portunus granulatus from Sardinia

Thanks I'm still looking for a claw seems to be a hard thing to find sad day 

Link to post
Share on other sites

  Yeah, that crab looks to be from Italy.  Cant those anymore. Ive got one or two of these someplace?  Finding them would be a nightmare.  Just keep looking, you never know what or when one will show up? 

 

RB

Link to post
Share on other sites
Notidanodon

I have no yellow ones like that only a black one from sheppey 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Fossil-Hound

@DLB it looks pretty good where it's at. Nothing in life is really ever perfect. I think this Italian crab looks crab-tacular! :yay-smiley-1:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/9/2019 at 4:19 PM, Fossil-Hound said:

@DLB it looks pretty good where it's at. Nothing in life is really ever perfect. I think this Italian crab looks crab-tacular! :yay-smiley-1:

thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

This is a Portunus monspeliensis (A. Milne-Edwards, 1860).

granulatus is an unvalid synonymous.

:unsure:

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, MB said:

Like these?  :rolleyes:

PORTUNUS MONSPELIENSIS right chela.negre..jpg

Yep is this a avalible?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DLB said:

 

Nope... in fact they have not with the same preservation of your, but I will see what I have in drawers, the ones from my town they have the same preservation than the Sardinian ones, let me see.. ;)

 

  • I found this Informative 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, MB said:

Nope... in fact they have not with the same preservation of your, but I will see what I have in drawers, the ones from my town they have the same preservation than the Sardinian ones, let me see.. ;)

 

Thanks for looking. I really hate how this missing claw got lost in the mail still pisses me off. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...