Shellseeker

I was introducing my great_nephew Jake to the Peace River, he foscused in "small, tiny" fossils and found some good stuff... One was shark teeth, and the other a claw. looks birdlike to me so calling on @Auspex to help ID or just speculate.

The 6mm shark teeth:

IMG_0346.thumb.jpg.62235d5a5d6a82295a92ec823ffafc99.jpg

The 7 mm claw: All suggestions and comments appreciated.

IMG_0338.thumb.jpg.4c51f10b40c089480474ef1c07b42b4b.jpgIMG_0332.thumb.jpg.c7c07287bf02b6dbf19fbb17b166f647.jpgIMG_0335.thumb.jpg.3475b9a946218a9391639f06adff5f4d.jpgIMG_0331.jpg.880aba6df5d648b9d7519d0f94d3050a.jpg

• I found this Informative 3

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

Those shark's teeth are wonderful! :)

And i would say bird too, but can't get any nearer than that. 

Life's Good!

Tortoise Friend.

MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png.a47e14d65deb3f8b242019b3a81d8160-1.png.60b8b8c07f6fa194511f8b7cfb7cc190.png

It's kind of heron-like in morphology, but very small.
I lack access to a comparative collection, but (right or wrong) maybe this will get you started.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

>Paleontology is an evolving science.

>May your wonders never cease!

Perhaps Ginglymostoma or Nebrius ?

Coco

----------------------
OUTIL POUR MESURER VOS FOSSILES : ici

Ma bibliothèque PDF 1 (Poissons et sélaciens récents & fossiles) : ici
Ma bibliothèque PDF 2 (Animaux vivants - sans poissons ni sélaciens) : ici
Mâchoires sélaciennes récentes : ici
Hétérodontiques et sélaciens : ici
Oeufs sélaciens récents : ici
Otolithes de poissons récents ! ici

Un Greg...

Badges-IPFOTH.jpg.f4a8635cda47a3cc506743a8aabce700.jpg Badges-MOTM.jpg.461001e1a9db5dc29ca1c07a041a1a86.jpg

Great finds and wonderful to get a youngster involved in something that gives him an historical perspective.

4 hours ago, Racheld1 said:

Nurse shark teeth? Very cool! Don't have any in my collection sadly.

4 hours ago, Coco said:

Perhaps Ginglymostoma or Nebrius ?

YES, Nurse shark == Ginglymostoma.  But I think the only "fossil" nurse shark from Florida recognized is Ginglymostoma delfortriei, as identified by Richard Hulbert's book:

Ginglymostoma_delfortriei.jpg.aa9885dae18e42125ac07ba6df73f21d.jpg

These 2 that Jake found are approximately 6 mm = .236 inches. This is really difficult using a .25 inch sieve.. With any jiggle these teeth fall thru the sieve.

7 hours ago, Auspex said:

It's kind of heron-like in morphology, but very small.
I lack access to a comparative collection, but (right or wrong) maybe this will get you started.

I looked around and will keep doing so... Not many photos of Heron talons...

BirdClaws.JPG.5146078b3981958c895dbade5b025e32.JPG

Seems very similar in shape.  I will continue looking ..  There are some SMALL herons like the little green.IMG_0336a.thumb.jpg.ec27dc0eddd662b27850e085718b46f2.jpg

• I found this Informative 1

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"

What is needed are terminal phalanx pictures. All the ones for "talon" show the sheath, which is too generalized a structure for ID beyond family (generally).

Bones tell the tale.

"There has been an alarming increase in the number of things I know nothing about." - Ashleigh Ellwood Brilliant

“Try to learn something about everything and everything about something.” - Thomas Henry Huxley

1 hour ago, Auspex said:

What is needed are terminal phalanx pictures. All the ones for "talon" show the sheath, which is too generalized a structure for ID beyond family (generally).

Bones tell the tale.

Oops, going to be a problem.  I did not take a photo from that angle, Jake & family left today heading north.  I will send him an email. We'll see.

Sorry to be confusing, @Shellseeker, the bone in question is a 'terminal phalanx'. I meant that images for ID reference should be of the underlying bone, not of the keratin 'claw' sheath.