PaleoNoel

Hey everyone, I'm touring colleges in Ohio from tomorrow to Tuesday and I wanted to know if there would be any opportunities to go fossil hunting in areas nearby the colleges I'm looking at. 

I'll be touring them in this order- 

-Wittenburg University in Springfield, OH

-Denison University in Granville, OH

-Ohio Wesleyan University in Delaware, OH

-The College of Wooster in Wooster, OH

Let me know if there are any good sites that would be accessible in these areas.

Thanks,

PN

Heading out from Springfield is your best bet. the Columbus area and Wooster area are tougher regions to be successful at. One hour east of Springfield is Richmond In. Can't miss a fossil as you head South from there and look at the exposed rock. The whole region from Dayton south to Cincinnati is a fossil meca. Again, typically most exposed rock is fossiliferous. Check out the "Dry Dredger's" web site for more info. 

Good Luck,

Mike

PS, you are missing the best college to visit in Ohio. Put THE Ohio State University on that list!!!!!!!!!

5 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

PS, you are missing the best college to visit in Ohio. Put THE Ohio State University on that list!!!!!!!!!

:heartylaugh:  :shakehead:

4 hours ago, minnbuckeye said:

I knew I'd hear from you!!c @Peat Burns

Hehehehehe :).

When are we going fossil hunting in MN so we can talk B1G football?

@minnbuckeye pffft #1 party school for many years. Not that that means much to me these days as I haven't drank in over 10 years now. It was a fun place and has a small little free museum on campus. I can't say I'd ever want to live out there again, but I hope my kids do well enough to make it into there.