Some recent shark tooth finds

mrieder79

Been awhile since I posted anything so I thought I'd drop some pics of the nice teeth from my trip two weeks ago. 

The makos are both a little shy of 3" and were laying about twelve inches from each other on the bottom. The nicer one was sticking up out of the bottom and if you look closely, you can see the discoloration on the tip where it was exposed. Those were the only teeth I found at that spot besides a 6" shamer that was split in two, so I was really happy to find them. 

The big one was a really lucky find. I was on an older spot that I'd hit before so I tried going a different direction and ended up in a spot where two feet of mud covered hard bottom. It was pretty tough going and I was just starting to wonder if maybe it would be a good idea to head back to some easier spots when my hands ran over the tooth. Again, that was the only tooth I found on that dive, so I was pretty stoked. There's a little enamel peel, but I worked so hard to find it that I really just don't care. It comes in at 5 3/4. It looks bigger than that because of the position. You can see how big the root is for the blade size. Had it been an anterior tooth, it would've easily be 6".  Hope you like looking at them as much as I liked finding them. 

IMG_1591.JPG

• I found this Informative 7

Luck is the most important skill of a fossil diver.

Wow, great teeth! Congratulations!

Dipleurawhisperer5.jpg          MOTM.png.61350469b02f439fd4d5d77c2c69da85.png

I like Trilo-butts and I cannot lie.

Excellent finds. Really some gorgeous teeth you have there.

Do or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Those are some real monsters for sure, congrats :fistbump:

Every once in a great while it's not just a big rock down there!

On 6/16/2019 at 8:06 AM, mrieder79 said:

Hope you like looking at them as much as I liked finding them

I :wub:all my finds, but especially LARGE Megs, Makos, GWs, Snaggles, Tigers, Duskys, Bulls, etc etc etc

and I love yours also.  In our hobby, it's love the ones you find...:fistbump:

The White Queen  ".... in her youth she could believe "six impossible things before breakfast"